1st Annual Washington State Poultry Swap! Interested?

Discussion in 'Chickenstocks, Shows, Meet-Ups' started by Rare Feathers Farm, Sep 23, 2012.

1. Rare Feathers Farm

Rare Feathers Farm Overrun With Chickens

I'm thinking of organizing a Washington State Fall Poultry Swap...but first, I wanted to see if there was any interest? I was thinking of doing this in Spokane since just about everything between me & the west side is on fire....

Or maybe Yakima??

2. Rare Feathers Farm

It would be this fall--probably closer to the end of October or first part of November? Anything chicken, duck, goose, guinea, etc or related to keeping or breeding would be okay--from supplies and incubators to coops!

3. flyingmonkeypoop

flyingmonkeypoop Overrun With Chickens

Apr 30, 2007
    Deer Park Washington
    I might be interested, plus I work in Spokane so it'd be nice. I won't have much to bring this year, but if there was a spring one or even next fall, I will be sure to be prepared

4. Rare Feathers Farm

Yeah I generally don't start hatching until April or May--so by the time things are grown out enough to rate, it's summer. I am thinking about doing a fall one this year...either in Spokane or Wenatchee.

5. Rare Feathers Farm

Seems to be no interest? LOL I'll keep this up top and see if anyone else joins in....

6. skydancer28

skydancer28 Out Of The Brooder

Oct 14, 2008
    I'm interested. I'd be very interested if it were closer to the middle of the state--Yakima, Wenatchee--since I am tucked up in the NW corner.

Of course, right now, I have nothing to trade--but I am definitely in the market for an Orloff cockerel (hint, hint!)

7. Rare Feathers Farm

Hee, heee! :O) Yes, Wenatchee is only 1.5 hours from me...so that would be nice...I just hatched out a few Orloffs. I'm in need of a new cockerel for myself so my others will available...

8. 15shenyl

15shenyl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2012
    Yakima Washington
    Im interested. Any of the places listed above work perfectly! I think this is a great idea!

9. Rare Feathers Farm

Thanks. I just have a hard time with being so rural and not being able to have the space to over-winter a lot of these birds that I hatch out...so to avoid having bantam BBQ sandwiches, I'm hoping to get rid of some of my overstock. LOL

I've got three geese, two Muscovies and LOTS & LOTS of bantam Wyandottes that need to go... Silver Laced, BLRW, RLL, Golden Laced...one Bantam Orloff roo....

10. 15shenyl

15shenyl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2012
    Yakima Washington
    We need one, I think it would be very fun. I'm looking for several breeds and want to get them from the Washington area.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by