1st Chick Hatched Here! Update!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Buster, May 31, 2008.

1. Buster

Buster Back to Work

I have to stop myself from running downstairs every 15 minutes to check for pips! This is my first hatch and I am officially going nuts over it. I can't wait until tomorrow. I think I will go take a nap now and see what's up when I get up.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2008
  2. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

LOL.... Good Luck! [​IMG]

3. Buster

Buster Back to Work

I got up from my nap when my two boys woke up and went down and checked the bator and I had a pip! We watched while the chick zipped around the whole thing. It should be hatching any minute now. One other one has pipped now as well! [​IMG]

4. Mystary

Mystary Out Of The Brooder

Apr 21, 2008
    Jackson, GA
    Congrats on your hatch. I just had 5 of 6 hatch last night. I know it is so exciting. I was in luck though because my son had his High School Graduation last night. Before his graduation we had 6 pips. When we came home I had 5 babies. Good luck,

Tina

5. Henrietta23

Henrietta23 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 20, 2007
    Eastern CT
    Yay!!! Keep us posted!

6. Buster

Buster Back to Work

Woke up this morning to a chick in the bator with just a little piece of shell on its' back and trying like mad to get out of the carton and another one busily smashing its' way around the egg. No zipping there, smashing is the word I would say. No more pips yet. Morning of day 21.

7. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    [​IMG]

pssst - it is addictive ...

8. Buster

Buster Back to Work

Quote:You do realize that you are one of the people to blame for this MP.....[​IMG]

I can see why it's addictive. Yesterday I called my wife and told her that we had a pip and then I had to run to the store and to the farm. She got home before I did and said "I want to help it." I said, "you leave that thing alone!" It was rather funny when I got home because she usually holds herself aloof from things like this but she was glued to the incubator for quite a while and I know she will be excited this morning when she sees the chick.

9. HenHaven

HenHaven Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2007
    Coarsegold, CA
    Congratulations! Are these Speckled Sussex babies? [​IMG] Today I am on a mission to locate a buddy for my lone Blue Ameraucana chick. It hatched yesterday while I was at work.

10. Buster

Buster Back to Work

Yes I have 10 speckled sussex eggs in there and 2 mutts (faverolle daddy). The two that hatched/are hatching are two of the speckled sussex eggs.

I have a blue ameraucana chick. I really like it.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by