I have my 3 new Easter Eggers in a cage right now so we went to Lowe's today after drawing up a simple plan for a chicken tractor. So here we go... We bought 12 2x4s. They had 105" boards cheaper than 8' boards so we got the 105's. 3 pieces of OSB, exterior barn paint, 4 hinges (since revised), ventilation vents and latches. The original plan was to have the whole top hinged for clean out and the back was going to have a small hinged door for eggs. However, once we put it together in the framing we realized the space was a bit cramped for the back door and opted then to just use the top. The whole top seemed a bit big so we chose to reduce the size of the roof door. Here's our materials... Here is the base and the top of the run, middle of the coop... Here they are put together... After the coop portion was added... Enclosing... And this is where we stopped today. After 3 1/2 hours of work... That's as far as we got today. Tomorrow or during this week we'll finish enclosing it, put the roofing on, paint it, put the chicken wire on and finish trimming it out. I'm exhausted! Who would have thought it would be so exhausting!