1st day here and starting the "straight run battle"

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by IdahoMermaid, Mar 7, 2017.

1. IdahoMermaid

IdahoMermaid Just Hatched

Mar 7, 2017
    Can't wait to pick your brains about "is it a he or she"! Have a big handful of 3 week old babies...

2. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, IdahoMermaid, and [​IMG]! Pleased you joined our flock! Ah, the straight run blues. Law of averages say it's 50/50. But when it is ever really that?? Anyway, I assume you are looking for hens so I hope you get a lot of those! When they get a little older and if you're still unsure you can post pics here: https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/15/what-breed-or-gender-is-this
    And if you would like to chat with some local Idaho poultry folks, you can post in the ID thread here: https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/26/where-am-i-where-are-you
    Best wishes and thanks for joining our community!

3. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    [​IMG]

4. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under IdahoMermaid [​IMG] Welcome!

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun. Unlike non chicken loving friends, family and colleagues, BYC’ers never tire of stories or pictures that feature our feathered and non feathered friends [​IMG]

5. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Welcome to BYC and congrats on your littles.

Best wishes
    CT

6. micah wotring

micah wotring Overrun With Chickens

Apr 6, 2015
    WV boy here!
    Welcome to BYC! I remember once we got 15 chickens and 12 of them were roosters! XD Usually you have better rates than that (and I certainly hope you do!)

Make it a great day!

Micah

7. N F C

N F C doo be doo be doo Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

Good luck with your straight run chicks!

8. CuzChickens

CuzChickens CountryChick

Apr 24, 2016
    Virginia
    Howdy, howdy, and welcome to Backyard chickens! I am so glad you were able to join us, and I hope you will make yourself at home here and enjoy it as much as I have! :frow

~Cuz

I just got very lucky with 23 chicks I hatched out straight run, 75% are females! :celebrate

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by