1st day of good egg laying from our girls

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by curtsey13, Aug 4, 2010.

1. curtsey13

curtsey13 In the Brooder

May 31, 2010
    Pennington, NJ
    I just have to share![​IMG] We had our first good day of egg laying from our ladies!! 8 eggs today [​IMG] We have just started raising chickens thanks to my daughter's science teacher and her spring project of hatching Orpingtons in the classroom. We've been getting 2 - maybe 3 but today -- hooray!! And our 2 EE's delivered 2 blue eggs!! SO excited!!!! Thanks for letting me share~~

2. TinyLittleFarm

TinyLittleFarm Songster

Mar 8, 2010
    Wisconsin
    Awesome! We got 3 today out of 8 girls...I can't wait til we are caught up with you! [​IMG]

3. Kanders

Kanders In the Brooder

Apr 19, 2010
    Richmond, KY
    Quote:I noticed your picture of your Aussie. How does he/she like the chickens? I have an Aussie also. I'll never be without at one.

4. backdoorchicken

backdoorchicken Songster

Jul 14, 2009
    newport news va
    congrats. [​IMG]

5. Yay Chicks!

Yay Chicks! Songster

Apr 15, 2010
    Forest Grove, OR
    I'm still waiting but very happy for you! [​IMG]

6. curtsey13

curtsey13 In the Brooder

May 31, 2010
    Pennington, NJ
    Quote:I noticed your picture of your Aussie. How does he/she like the chickens? I have an Aussie also. I'll never be without at one.

All of our Aussies are great with our chickens. It probably helped that our brooder was in our kitchen for many weeks, so they got use to the noise and movement there [​IMG] I agree that we will always have an Aussies or two around!![​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by