1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

1st egg after much patience

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by franklin, Nov 22, 2007.

1. franklin

franklin New Egg

Jul 23, 2007
    FROM FRANKLIN THE GENTLEMAN CHICKEN MAN. WE RECENTLY WENT ON A CHICKEN TOUR & GOT EXCITED ABOUT HAVING OUR OWN CHICKS. WE PURCHASED 2 DOMERIQUES, 2 SEXLINK, & 4 R1R MAMA/SEXLINK DADDY,.WHEN WE BOUGHT THEM THEY WERE 4 MONTHS OLD, & WERE TOLD THEY WOULD LAY AT 4-5 MONTHS,WE WAITED 9 MONTHS 2 WEEKS & 5 DAYS FOR OUR 1ST EGG. WE WERE SO EXCITED BUT THE WAIT IS WORTH IT. WE ENJOY THE FORUM, & HAVE JUST FINISHED CHICHENS 101 & CHICHENS 102.....THANKS FOR THE FORUM...FRANKLIN

2. brooster

brooster Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 14, 2007
    northwest Ohio
    Welcome to the site, you will learn so much here. I cant believe it took them that long to lay an egg [​IMG] . I usually only takes anywhere from 18 to 24 weeks.

P.S. writing in all caps on this site is considered yelling, we all know you were not yelling but just so you know. [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 22, 2007
  3. GloriaH

GloriaH Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2007
    Watertown, Tennessee
    Welcome! I know you will enjoy this site. Really good people here and now your one of them!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by