1st Egg..So Eggcited!! who Done it?

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Schwartzfarmnc, Jul 11, 2011.

1. Schwartzfarmnc

Schwartzfarmnc Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2010
    West Jefferson
    Okay, the sweet 16 are now 17 weeks 4 days old and I've gotten 2 eggs in the past 3 days but I think I know who is laying, not 100% sure, if you'd like to take a guess that would be great. Eggs are somewhat small but for the first ones I'm totally okay knowing this is just the beginning of more to come. [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

My guess is Gidget our SS, she has been so loud and vocal and super red, I laugh everytime she goes into the "talk".
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

These are the others that are possibilities, vocal and turning red?

Last edited: Jul 11, 2011
  2. GoldenSparrow

GoldenSparrow Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2011
    CONGRATS!!!
    first eggs are always eggciting!
    your first hen is amazing! I have never seen one like her. [​IMG]

3. TheSpiceGirls

TheSpiceGirls Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 6, 2010
    Bay Area, CA
    Congrats. I remember my first egg. Fortunately, it was green which made it a no brainer to point to the EE as she's my only green egg layer.

The only breed I have that you have is a Buff Orpington, and I think she needs to turn more red before she'll lay. And for what ever it's worth, she was my last one to start laying. About two-three weeks after the others started. But she's a producer now that she's ramped up.

4. Schwartzfarmnc

Schwartzfarmnc Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2010
    West Jefferson
    Quote:Thanks!!! I love the SS's and Gidget is so funny and docile, I think she is the one, but I've not witnessed it.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by