1st egg

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by jhook1997, Jul 21, 2011.

1. jhook1997

jhook1997 Out Of The Brooder

May 18, 2011
    Good morning all,

1st egg ever here on Cedar Ridge Farm!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Laid by ??? [​IMG] Not the 18 week Leghorns because it's a brown one. Next chickens are only 14 weeks old! Yea!

Didn't know chickens could be so exciting. LOL She was even smart enough to find her way into a nesting box that I had mostly covered to keep them all out until laying time. Squeezed herself past wire shelving, through about a 4 inch space. Floated it and it's fresh! [​IMG]

Anyway, thanks for letting me ramble.

Have a blessed day!

2. Ruth Ann

Ruth Ann Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2010
    South Carolina
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. jhook1997

May 18, 2011
    [​IMG]

Here's the photo. Brown one is ours...white is store bought. Pretty good size for a 1st:)

4. This_chicks_place

This_chicks_place Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2011
    Upstate NY
    [​IMG] [​IMG] CONGRATULATIONS!! So eggciting!! We just got our first 2 days ago, and a double yolker yesterday![​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 21, 2011
  5. jhook1997

May 18, 2011
    Quote:You are so right! Eggciting! Most of my friends are not "chicken people" so I'm glad to share it on here![​IMG]

6. colebarnhart

colebarnhart Chillin' With My Peeps

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!

7. de88ie

de88ie Out Of The Brooder

Jul 21, 2011
    Texas
    This is wonderful!!
    [​IMG]

On the countdown for ours!!![​IMG]

8. frogdogs

frogdogs Out Of The Brooder

Apr 20, 2011
    Edinburg
    CongrEGGulations!!! We got our first egg today as well..it's a EGGcitingly great day!!!!

Brown egg on right is our first, greenish blue egg is from a friends mature hen
    [​IMG]

9. sunnyvera

sunnyvera Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 4, 2010
    NE Ohio
    Got our first EE egg yesterday - very pale bluish. Believe it or not, it was XL on the chicken scale. Amazing for the 1st one out of the gate. Our other EE laid an olive green egg last week for her first attempt. Can't wait to see what their sisters do. Isn't chickeneering fun? The EE are all 23 weeks old now. Late bloomers.

10. frogdogs

frogdogs Out Of The Brooder

Apr 20, 2011
    Edinburg
    It is so much fun! I also can't wait to see if any of my AussieEgger mix hens lay any blue or green eggs!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by