1st job in 5 years.

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by birdnutz, Nov 24, 2008.

1. birdnutz

birdnutz Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 6, 2007
    wyoming
    Well thanks to the rise in costs of everything. It's back to work for me.[​IMG] I know I'm whining.
    Time to pay off all those extra bills.(so I can stay home again with my chicks) Hate to leave my chickens and others alone for a total of 12 hours a day.(and no overtime) Haven't lost any to preditors yet.(except 2 guineas to my sons dog) Here's hoping that don't change anytime soon. chickens are in a run. Geese and ducks aren't. they have the front pasture that isn't real dog proof. Couldn't lock up ducks if I tried. 54 of the little buggers and BOY can they fly! Wish me luck.

2. Dar

Dar Overrun With Chickens

Jul 31, 2008
    I hear ya about the rising cost of everything ...not to mention job cut backs...

I am almost done school, i am done in feb...but i may have to quit school and go back to work cause DH just cant keep up with all the bills

i am going to go into my school admin today and see if there is anything they can do for me...(all i need is to be allowed to be late for my morning class by 30 minutes and i can drive school bus again while i am school to help make ends meet.... [​IMG] wish me luck!!!

3. key west chick

key west chick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2008
    Gainesville, GA
    I'm right here with you. Been a SAHM for 12 years. Looking for a part time job but so far, no luck.

4. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    I feel for you. I've never had the pleasure of being a stay at home mom, I envy those that have been able to. Now I find myself looking for a part time job to get everything I can taken care of.

5. MariposaMama

MariposaMama Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 31, 2008
    Mariposa, CA
    I'm right there, too. Was a SAHM for 10 years and just recently got two part-time jobs to help make ends meet. I really like the places and the people I work for, but it's hard to punch someone else's timeclock after all these years of punching my own. [​IMG]

6. The Chicken Lady

The Chicken Lady Moderator Staff Member

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan
    What is your new job?

7. birdnutz

birdnutz Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 6, 2007
    wyoming
    I'll be picking up and changing out Union Pacific Rail Road crews out in the coal basin. Found out today it will be a total of 13 1/2 hours because of the drive. But we don't get paid for drive time. I have to be at work at 5am and won't get home until 7pm tomorrow. Oh well pays not that bad,$12.50 per hour. Everything else around here is around $7.00 an hour and part time basis. Of course McDonalds hires at $8.50 an hour. I just don't the patience to work with alot of hormonal teenagers. Thats not a slam at all teenagers at all. but most of them that work there seem to work more on their popularity than any other work.

8. cherig22

cherig22 Green Fields Farm

Sep 2, 2008
    SW Missouri
    I am trying to do the opposite.... [​IMG]

I am ready to quit, but DH said the money is too good.

Cheri

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by