1st loss since starting back up

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Czech's_chicks, Sep 17, 2011.

1. Czech's_chicks

Czech's_chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 24, 2011
    Vista, CA
    I had a little break out of respiratory blah blah (don't know what it was but treated with Tylan) and of the 5 that were symptomatic, I only had one loss. Most were wheezing and breathing with an obvious gurgle sound, a couple just had the puffy swollen bubbly eyes.

The one I lost, a young cockeral, seemed to be on the up-turn. When I put them in a recovery pen, the next day, he was acting as if he couldn't walk. Isolated, and a few days later he was up but limping badly. I warned the boys not to expect too much. This afternoon before we left, he was walking (as good as you can not putting pressure on the one leg), my husband said he was looking much better, but I noticed a bright yellow green in his stool so I said that he might but his poo didn't. When we got home tonight, he had expired.

I'm no up for a necropsy and with the simple fact that he sounded ok breathing and no more respiratory symptoms, I'm at a loss as for why he died.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by