1st {Mystery} Egg at 18 weeks, 5 days...

tempImageg0o2Xe.jpg

:celebrate

Possible mommas: I have 2 Amberlinks, 2 Welsumers and a Delaware. All the same hatch date.

I'm leaning more toward it being one of the Amberlinks. The pigment is too deep for a Delaware from what I've seen at multiple sites online. It's possible it could be one of my Wellies, considering it's a first egg and all.

Guess I'll be spending more time outside in the morning until I can get a bead on who it is. :pop

View attachment 2805556
:celebrate

Possible mommas: I have 2 Amberlinks, 2 Welsumers and a Delaware. All the same hatch date.

I'm leaning more toward it being one of the Amberlinks. The pigment is too deep for a Delaware from what I've seen at multiple sites online. It's possible it could be one of my Wellies, considering it's a first egg and all.

Guess I'll be spending more time outside in the morning until I can get a bead on who it is. :pop
I don’t know how safe it is, but i’ve read on multiple sites to put a little bit of food coloring in the vents of ones you think are laying and see which one it is...

That would be my guess too. Looks like it might be a double yolker?

Is she the only one who looks and feels like she's ready to lay?
https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/who-is-laying-and-who-is-not-butt-check.73309/
I'll try to check at bedtime. Most of my girls, and my cockeral, are of the 'hands off' mentality. My Delaware is my friendliest outside of the coop.

tempImage1gAZxz.jpg

Only one of the Amberlinks has the red face, the other is still pink/dry, but both Welsumers are red, and have been for a couple of weeks now. This is the whole crew taking shelter during an afternoon rain last week.

A59ED9B1-802D-478C-9CC8-A5F74C7618D8.jpeg

NONE of them squat, for me nor the unromantic, bumbling fool of a cockeral we ended up with. Good thing he's cute. 🙄

tempImageIkrgrS.jpg

We haven't cracked the egg yet, but I'll be sure to get a photo of the innards, too.

How long can their eggs be stored unrefrigerated at 75º room temperature (without washing)?

I don’t know how safe it is, but i’ve read on multiple sites to put a little bit of food coloring in the vents of ones you think are laying and see which one it is...
I'm really not that desperate to know. The Amberlinks have already suffered through a bout of food coloring when they were younger, as they were the exact same color for a while. Now, it's easier to tell, as one has more of the peachy undertones than the other does. 🙂

Back
Top Bottom