1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

1st Order Comes this Week! (They are here, PICS!)

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by yoie, Feb 20, 2012.

1. yoie

yoie Chillin' With My Peeps

I'm just a little excited. My first order of chicks comes this week. [​IMG] My sweet DH ordered a few chicks for me from My Pet Chicken for Valentines Day and they are being shipped out tomorrow! I have all girls coming, 1 Easter Egger Bantam, 1 Welsummer Bantam, 1 Rare Marans, 1 Blue Laced Red Wyandotte, and 2 Feather Legged Bantams! This is just the beginning, next week I have two orders coming in one from Ideal (which has 51 chicks, 2 ducklings, and 2 goslings) one from Mt. Healthy (which has 15 chicks). I can't wait!!! Any one else expecting any chicks this week!?

And I'll definately post pics when they arrive!

Last edited: Feb 23, 2012
  2. chickychick1

chickychick1 Out Of The Brooder

Jun 9, 2009
    Yipee ! [​IMG]

3. 4under3

4under3 New Egg

Feb 20, 2012
    Yay!!

Question! What are you going to feed your chicks when they get here? Are you buying a premixed feed or mixing your own?

4. luvmyEs

luvmyEs Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 9, 2011
    North Carolina
    My order from My Pet Chicken is shipping this week and I AM SOOO EXCITED!![​IMG] Have fun with your chicks!

5. yoie

No early call this morning, hopefully I have my peeps by tomorrow. I have the brooder all set up and ready! When my DH came home from work yesterday and saw it all set up he thought they already came and seemed a little disapointed. And he says he's not into the chickens [​IMG]

6. yoie

No early call again this morning. I really do hope they come today, now I'm starting to worry.

7. howfunkyisurchicken

howfunkyisurchicken Overrun With Chickens

Apr 11, 2011
    Tn
    Did MPC give you a hatch/ship day? I've only ordered from a hatchery twice (McMurray and Ideal) and both times my chicks hatched and were shipped on a Wednesday and I got them Friday morning....the last couple of days before you actually get your babies is absolute torture!

8. yoie

Just called MPC, they were soooo helpful they tracked my chicks (they said they were shipped yesterday instead of Tuesday) and they are on their way to my PO right now! So I called my PO just to give them a heads up and give them my number so they will call me the instant they get in! I cannot wait!

9. yoie

As soon as I hit the post button, the PO called!! Going right now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. yoie

Ok, just got back from the PO and got my little chickies! I got 6 cute little fuzzies! Two aren't looking to hot, but keeping my fingers crossed [​IMG] . And one has a little crossbeak, but she is definately the perkiest of the bunch!! I called MPC, to let them know about the two sluggish ones and the one crossbeak. They were so nice and helpful, the already refunded me for the crossbeak and I'll have to let them know how the other two make out eventually.
    So as promised pics of my chicks!
    My six piece nuggets [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    My either White or Blue Splash Marans (leaning towards White), this is my youngest daughters favorite.
    [​IMG]
    This is my Blue Laced Red Wyandotte, my oldest daughters favorite
    [​IMG]
    This is the Bantam Welsummer, so tiny but very lively
    [​IMG]
    Next is the one I'm really worried about, my Easter Egger Bantam
    [​IMG]
    And lastly I chose 2 feather legged bantams and got 2 SILKIES!!!! I believe one white or splash and one blue! (The blue has the crossbeak)
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by