1st pip- a Dipdydoodledoo egg! ( More pics added)

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by chickenlisa, Mar 3, 2009.

1. chickenlisa

chickenlisa Invincible Summer

Apr 9, 2007
    I've got 29 eggs in my Genesis 1588 bator- Today is day 20 for most of them and day 19 for the others. One of DIpsyDoodleDoo's Silkie eggs is pipped! Yay! [​IMG] I've got 7 of Nivtups Golden Cuckoo Marans and 3 of Cherndon's BBS Silkies and 1 of my test eggs from my Silkie/Faverolle/SG/Frizzle pen (who knows what that little thing will look like?),9 DDD's silkie eggs, then 9 of KentuckySilkie's Silkie and SG eggs.....I hope they all pip and zip their way out in the next few days. They were all alive when I candled them a week ago.

Send good hatching vibes their way please!
    I'll post pics once they are out and running around (or maybe just lying there wet and stunned...)

[​IMG]
    Lisa

Last edited: Mar 6, 2009
  2. chickenlisa

Apr 9, 2007
    Update- overnight 3 wee baby silkies hatched. 2 from Dipsy's eggs and 1 from Kentuckysilkies' eggs. There are more pips form the silkies and from Nivtups' GCMs too. I am promising myself I won't open the incubator up at all...but I hate not helping ones who really need help too. As soon as these 3 dry off and get fluffy, I'll take pics. They are soo cute and sooo little! [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Lisa

3. Cherlyn

Cherlyn Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2009
    Alconbury, England
    Awwww! Hope you can take pics soon!

~Cherlyn

4. mamaginabean

mamaginabean Out Of The Brooder

Feb 25, 2009
    MI
    Congrats on your new babies, I can't wait to see pictures! I've got some silkie eggs on the way to me right now, I hope I have the same success![​IMG]

5. Hooterville

Hooterville Chillin' With My Peeps

Congrats on your babies! [​IMG]
    I have had the best luck with Dipsey's eggs--love those frizzles!

6. Hooterville

I have had the best luck with Dipsey's eggs--love those frizzles! I might cave and try to get some of her silkies! [​IMG]

7. Hooterville

I have had the best luck with Dipsey's eggs--love those frizzles!

8. chickenlisa

Apr 9, 2007
    ok, here are their first photos- not the best thru the bator lid, but 1st baby pics aren't always the best anyways. More once they are out and fluffed up...
    Dipsy's and KYsilkies chicks (1 of each)
    [​IMG]

another Dipsy Silkie
    [​IMG]

Nivtup's GCM (boy?)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    More are pipped and will hatch hopefully today... send good hatching luck to them please? It's so sad when they make it this far and then die, so I don't want any of that this time. Not one.
    Lisa

9. chickenlisa

Apr 9, 2007
    ok, so shoot me. I helped one...I could see that the membrane was stuck to the chick and the movement around the shell wasn't progressing. I did help by dribbling water from a warm wet papertowel on it, then helping pick the shell away just on that zip line (or where it would have continued. I put the whole thing back in the bator and the chick popped out and is laying there resting beside the wet eggshell. I hope it strengthens and makes it. Its a dark little Silkie. Meanwhile, another Silkie hatched on its own and 3 more GCM eggs are pipped. So there are 6 chicks in the bator with many more pips. We're about a day late on some of them and right on day 21 for the others. Pics of these ones once they are up and around more.

10. Hi Lisa! I hope the little dark one is doing better.
    Did the rest pop on out for you? I hope they are all happy and healthy.
    Can't wait to see them all dry and fluffy.
    [​IMG]
    Lisa

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by