1st pip on guinea eggs-All 7 hatched-PICS!!!!

WooHoo! You go girl!
yippiechickie.gif
Your turn to run like crazy!
wee.gif
(not that I've stop
roll.png
)

make that five pips!!! now don't everyone have a heart attack.......i took the other two out and listened and they are definitely doing something inside. i think i might get 7 guineas. too bad my dog ate the other four. in fact, while i'm confessing, i always take them out and listen, especially if they have pipped and it's been a long time. and my humidity has never been higher than 45% often times less. oh lets see what else do i do that is wrong. oh yeah, when i break eggs i leave them in unless of course they die. my incubator is a cardboard box. dang this feels good. i hate pretending i'm well behaved about hatching. i am not. it just isn't in me to be that good. i know i'm not the only one. every egg but one that has developed has hatched. okay i'll shut up now. go guineas!!!

Nothing to feel guilty about! Think of a Chicken/Guinea, do you think they watch for temp/humidity level while setting? If it works for you, than the old saying applies, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it!"
lol.png

P.S. I don't always follow the rules either, I go with what feels right and it's worked for me too!
GOOOOO GUINEAS!!!!!!

Last edited:
Quote:
Well.....since we are having confessions lol I do the same thing! If nothing is happening I pic up the eggs and check for sound, I have even been known to candle on hatch day and never had a problem with doing it! I have only had two eggs not hatch and both of those got bacteria when they pipped into the air sac from where I had dropped and cracked the eggs and put them in the bator anyways. I don't usually raise my humidity to hatch, and it runs about 50% from day one til hatch. And I keep constant check on the eggs during pip and hatch and if I notice problems I immediately help the baby out. LOL You are right lol that confessing does feel good!!! If it works why change it!!! Come on babies!

yes i felt it too. oh well. some of us just can't be that behaved. i have helped some out too when they have pipped and it's been forever. i try not to mess with them unless it's been a really long time since they've pipped though. i have candled on day 20 and 21 before. i figure with all the egg accidents i have here anything else i do can't do much more damage. i should start some confessional blog for everyone that doesn't follow the rules with their animals. maybe i'll add that to my site. might be fun to find out i'm not alone. you should see how i keep my animals. nothing inhumane, just again, not by the books. everyone is happy so it's all fine. the old man down the road tells my hubby every time he sees him that our chickens need to be penned or the coyotes will eat them. he really stresses himself out about my free ranging. us city folk are stupid and shouldn't be in the country!!
big_smile.png

okay i added a guestbook called confessionals on my lostacrehobbyfarm site. i went first. now confess!!!!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom