1st time chicken owner.

dorkette

Hatching
8 Years
Jun 7, 2011
In April my husband bought two ducklings and I thought It was the best gift ever, a month later his friends brings us two chickens(don't know the breed, they are white) and I quickly learned that I was wrong about the ducks. I simply fell in love with my 2 little chicks(Camilla, after Gonzo's lady hen, and Clarence, I was reading Hannibal at the time) I can't explain how crazy I am about my chicks and of course set out to learn everything I need to know about them.

I would never buy ducks again, I love the 2 I have and my kids adore them, but I will never get more. As for the chickens, well I'm already reading about what I need to do in order to introduce new chicks to our family even though I'm waiting until next spring to get more.

I have a feeling I'll be spending plenty of time here, learning something new everyday.

welcome-byc.gif

Glad you joined us!

Welcome from another newbie! Just joined yesterday.
smile.png
I can totally relate to your loving your chicks. Mine are a month old now and will probably move into their coop later this week. I will definitely miss their peeping at me when I walk by their box, so plan to visit them several times a day at their new place. They have such cute personalities and never would I have believed they could be so affectionate! Mine are barred rocks, Columbian rocks, and Rhode Island Reds (eight total). Enjoy!!
smile.png

Isn't this a great site?!!

frow.gif
I know what you mean about ducks. I love them but I don't think I'd be a good duck owner.

Right now both my chickens are lap chickens. They will peep like mad when they see me until I sit down and then they promptly jump in my lap, lay right down, wait to be petting and then fall asleep. I never thought chickens would enjoy petting or sleeping in laps. They also won't go into their home unless I walk them to it. Chickens are the best pet ever...so happy we didn't get dogs...lol

Quote:
What kind do you have or don't you know yet?
I got 2 Rh Island Reds and 2 Barred ROcks, the Rocks are very docile. But I also have alot of dogs (7) not all their pics are posted yet 3 cats that STAY in the house...have a look and again WELCOME.

Back
Top Bottom