1st time - day 24 getting nervous!!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Stevida, Jun 24, 2008.

1. Stevida

Stevida Out Of The Brooder

Apr 20, 2008
    West Grove PA
    What do I do now - I think I forgot everything I read... is it time to take the automatic turner out? raise the humidity? (It's been around 60%) Does the temperature stay at 100 degrees? [​IMG]

I can't see through the blue eggs very well when candling so I'm not sure how they are doing. However, the last time I candled about 12 of the others were good with moving babies inside!!! what do I do with the ones that definitely did not have chicks and the ones that were questionable? (about 4) [​IMG]

Thanks!!!

2. bangor777

bangor777 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2008
    what do you have in the incubator egg wise? Are you on day 24? Any signs of action in there? I'm new at this so I hope someone else chimes in but if they're chicken eggs the turner should already be out...humidity should be around 70% (I think!) , temp stays the same. I think you are supposed to stop turning chicken eggs on day 18.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2008
  3. Smoky73

Smoky73 Lyon Master

Feb 8, 2007
    Colorado
    You were supposed to stop turning on day 18 and raise humidity at that time. If your at day 24, they should have hatched by now.[​IMG]

4. Stevida

Apr 20, 2008
    West Grove PA
    OMG!!! [​IMG]

They are chicken eggs - I screwed it up!!?!?!?!

Nothing hatched?!?!?!?!

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

5. Stevida

Apr 20, 2008
    West Grove PA
    Quote:OK, I just rechecked my calendar - I am an idiot.... tomorrow is day 18 - my god what a scare that was.....

6. Smoky73

Smoky73 Lyon Master

Feb 8, 2007
    Colorado
    LMAO, Well, Good luck then!!![​IMG]

7. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

Apr 20, 2008
    Birnamwood, Wisconsin
    LOL I would take the turner out tomorrow and keep the humidity between 65-70 % AND WAIT! GOOD LUCK! Remember can take 24 hours to hatch after the pip [​IMG] WHat I used so you don't have to open the bator so much is a fish tank tube purchased from the pet store...put it into the largest water trough and run it out through the little hole in the bator where the plug from the turner goes [​IMG] That way you can just add water through there with a turkey baster rather then opening it up every day or so.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by