1st Time *** I Put In 70 Eggs!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Hen House 60, Jan 21, 2009.

1. Hen House 60

Hen House 60 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 9, 2009
    Keep all your fingers and toes crossed. I picked up all of my fertile eggs today. I put all 70 in the incubator this evening. Its my 1st time with this. I am thrilled, nervous, anxious, etc.... I have already checked on them 20 times.
    Thanks to everyone for all of their advice on helping me get started.
    I know I will have more ???? to come.

2. PamsPride

PamsPride Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 19, 2008
    OHIO
    [​IMG]

3. blasto

blasto Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 7, 2009
    Richmond
    70 eggs for your first hatch!!! Wow! You put me to shame---I*m 4 days in to my first hatch...of 3 eggs ; ). Good luck!

4. Bock_Bock

Bock_Bock Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 13, 2008
    Hayward, Ca
    your just a few days behind me i just set my very first too it was only 52 well good luck to you and [​IMG] also you too blasto [​IMG] just tell me you dont have one of those 2 or 3 egg dome incubators lol, what type of bators do you guys have i have the hovabator 1602n

5. Hen House 60

Jan 9, 2009
    Well I figured the odds were not in my favor from so many things that I have read. So I figured, this way I am destined to get a baby chick.
    I put in RIR, Australorp, Bardrock,Phoenix and 4 Silkies.
    I can't wait.!!!!!!!!

6. Hen House 60

Jan 9, 2009
    Good luck to you also.
    I have no idea what I have, there is no label, no Product # anywhere that I can find. What I have is a huge red box, my daughter found it at our families barn behind some old carriages. After I had it rewired (rats), we have decided to give it a try.
    It ahs a fan, lightbulb, 2 trays for water, a wafer dial thermostat. All of this I have researched and BYC has helped me tremendously along the way.
    My hat is off to all of you.

7. Bock_Bock

Dec 13, 2008
    Hayward, Ca
    do you have any pics i got a big mix too including silkies naked necks jersey black giants ees austrolops or what ever they are called and more i got some slw and glw i hope those hatch as i wont some

8. Hen House 60

Jan 9, 2009
    Looks like a ROO to me.

9. Bock_Bock

Dec 13, 2008
    Hayward, Ca
    ok u talking about my sig im going to change it so people can keep an eye on my hatch brb

10. newchickenfamily

newchickenfamily Chillin' With My Peeps

Wow! You go all out! Way to go for your first hatch! You won't know what to with all of them when they start popping out! [​IMG] You must post pictures after they hatch!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by