1st time mom w/bun pics

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by BBK, May 19, 2009.

1. BBK

BBK Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2009
    upstate NY
    [​IMG]

Finally after 5 tries-she did it...
    here's our Floppy, Netherland Dwarf, Blk Himmie w/ her babies. 5 wks old now. the 2 darker ones, will be sold as pets and the blue is already sold.

we took her to a rabbit clinic. Had them all checked out, nails clipped, too.

so, i have a question, how much should we sell her for?

The pets, we're selling for 10.00 each. (Do you think that's fair?) Their color is off. We've never sold any B4. Please advise...thanks so much. We have 4 more buns from other 1st time mom's, only days old, so all info will help tremendously.

melinda

2. patyrdz

patyrdz The Madd Hatcher

Feb 26, 2009
    Southern Pines, NC
    I don't know how much to sell them for, but AWWWW!!![​IMG]

3. Maidservant

Maidservant Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 20, 2008
    Norwich, Norfolk, UK
    Depends on your location. Around here in NC, my meat rabbits sell for $12 each. Pet dwarf rabbits go for $30-100 each. Show quality goes sky high. I would advertise them for $30 each and see how it goes. If you've already quoted a price to someone on the blue, don't change it, that's how you get mad customers. If $30 ends up seeming too high for your area, you can always lower it by $5 at a time until someone jumps for them.

Hope this helps,
    Emily in NC

4. chinbunny1

chinbunny1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 30, 2008
    Are they show quality and pedigreed? I would say pet rabits without pedigrees $5-$10 each. Show quality $10 and up with pedigrees. You could get more for the babies if the sire and dam are champion show rabbits. Othwerwise if they aren't, I would say $10-$20 for non pet quality.

5. BBK

BBK Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2009
    upstate NY
    all have papers, mom won BOB at local fair not ARBA show.

haven't put prices on any of them.

Buck is a seal color, which i don't think is reconized, points would be taken off. I got him to breed with my himmie, for siamese sables buns, but that didn't happen.
    thanks for help.
    melinda

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by