1st time my husband & I going on vacation w/o kids in 13 years Updated

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by PQ, Mar 2, 2009.

1. PQ

PQ Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2009
    Platina, Ca.
    My husband and I are going to Atlanta Georgia for a business trip. We where able to get a couple of extra days, Grandma is being the dare devil for our trip and for the first time she will be watching our 5 children all day & night. Anyone know of some fun attractions to see? We would like to do as much as possible and I think we can ge alot more hours in then a regular day out, with 5 less people to worry about [​IMG]
    Oh poor grandma pray she makes it through the weekend with her hair still attached to her head! [​IMG]
    We will be there March 6-9th.
    Thanks all!

Last edited: Mar 19, 2009
  2. AHappychick

AHappychick Wanna-be Farmer

Dec 16, 2008
    westchester
    oh I dont know about Atlanta but CONGRATS!!! have a great time together!!!

3. toletiquesbysam

toletiquesbysam Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2008
    Nebraska
    I was in Atlanta on a business trip and never got to leave the hotel so I'm not much help, BUT wanted to tell you to have a GREAT TIME!! I'm sure after 13years anything you do will be Awesome!!! [​IMG]

4. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    i'd spend my time in the hotel..get a nice room..*one with a jacuzzi* [​IMG] congrats on getting a vacation away...*sigh* i need one...

5. bheila

bheila Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2008
    Kent, Wa
    You sound like me and my husband. We've been together for 9 years and haven't been without our kids for any one of those days. We don't know what we'd do with each other if we were left alone anyway [​IMG]

6. PQ

Feb 5, 2009
    Platina, Ca.
    Quote:Yes what to do??? I bet we will be on the phone to mom the whole time. LOL
    My husband and I have been a couple starting in high school. Have been friends from the time I started going to the same baby sitter when we where 8.
    We use to be "fun till our daughter turned 13 now we are nerdy LOL We have to find something to do that will knock her socks off in shock hehe. Hope I can find some on BYC that knows the area.
    As for sitting in the room LOL I'm shocked I've been able to sit and write this post or others for that matter. I love all the info I get here! I CANT GET ENOUGH!

7. key west chick

key west chick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2008
    Gainesville, GA
    I've heard the aquarium is awesome, haven't been myself. Try to get to the world famous Varsity for some greasy burgers and chili dawgs! Thats all I can think of off the top of my head.

8. PQ

Feb 5, 2009
    Platina, Ca.
    Quote:Looked that up OHHH I want to go!! Asked my husband and he said he had been there when it first opened (Home Depot trip) so he wouldnt mind seeing it again... I think it has to do with where the auqurium orig. got the money from... www.artdiamondblog.com/archives/2006/06/cofounder_of_ho.html as my husband loved the orig founders of the Depot sad day when that ended [​IMG]
    Anyway thanks that will be fun!

9. toletiquesbysam

toletiquesbysam Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2008
    Nebraska
    Have you looked at www.tripadvisors.com and put in Atlanta and then click on FORUM. This is where people can ask the same question you did and get answers from locals or people who have visited Atlanta. I think if you read through them you may find some interesting things to do!!

10. PQ

Feb 5, 2009
    Platina, Ca.
    We had lots of fun togeher, but missed our children greatly. Called so much my mom told us to stop, it was great to be with my husband all that time but we both said being with our children is so much better. I had a awful time flying though. If I never have the chance to do that again I will be soooo HAPPY!
    We went to R Ranch In The Mountains for the business part it was beautiful, any of you locals if you have not been, most go!
    Driving around Atlanta, ahh, my gosh it is very confusing LOL. we did get the the King Tut display it was great what fun to see those things so pretty perfect and soooo old. The aquarium was fun they had the titanic display there that was amazing. MLKs National Historic Site, such a lovely memorial. And of course the zoo. And we watched 5 movies, yes 5 wow! Oh yes did I mention alot of the same streets because when your lost there, your just going in circles LOL . We also went to The World of Coca Cola but I freaked out in the 1st room with all the pictures it was so hot to many people and so on so we didnt finish that. We had a few great dinners at Ruby Tuesdays (never have ate there before). Wish we could have done more and not been so lost but it was still a wonderful time... other then that daggum plane ride and the circling streets [​IMG] Thanks to all that helped us find great things to see.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by