1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

1st time not sure

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by audrey02026, Jul 25, 2011.

1. audrey02026

audrey02026 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2011
    Dedham, Ma
    Ok so I have been checking my eggs every few days I checked them Sunday and I had 3 that were moving and now today I candled them and see the chick but its not moving do they always move or do they take breaks. I'm hoping that they are not dead. The temp is ok and the humidity is at like 35. I also have 3 Marans eggs and I cant see anything but a dark area cant and never have seen anything moving in those. Is there any hope?

2. cmom

cmom Hilltop Farm

Nov 18, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    For the first 18 days and my humidity is between 40% and 50%. When I set the eggs for hatching I increase the humidity to 65% to 70%. They will move then take a rest. Don't give up.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2011
  3. Jferlisi

Jferlisi i dont eat chicken!!!!

Nov 2, 2010
    Menifee CA
    What day is hatch day? on day 18 you go into lockdown meaning you dont open the incubator or turn them. You increase the humidity to about 70.

4. audrey02026

audrey02026 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2011
    Dedham, Ma
    August 2nd will be lockdown for me. I think I will just leave them alone and see what happenes. I had a 2 I took out and threw away yesterday as they had obvious blood rings. I still have 3 questionable and the 3 Marans eggs I can't see and the three that were doing awesome and now I just don't know. I did see one move a little inside They look so big now I wonder if maybe its because they are talking so much space in the egg that I didn't see it move or because maybe they just were taking a break. I guess time will tell. Little bummed out though as I had 14 and now looks like maybe 1-2 are promising.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by