1st Time Seller

Discussion in 'Chickenstocks, Shows, Meet-Ups' started by JandJFarms, Aug 24, 2008.

1. JandJFarms

JandJFarms New Egg

Aug 24, 2008
    Hello Folks,
    This is JandJFarms-Jan and we will be attending the Kankakee Bird Swap on 9/07 as sellers for the 1st time. We are making this a family trip with daughters and granddaughter. We have attended in the past as buyers. We will be selling Welsummer pullets that are just starting to lay and cockerels. Also have Ameracauna and Maran pullets the same age getting ready to lay.. about 5 mths. old. We will be traveling with about 30 birds along with various colored lionhead mane rabbits. Any tips on arrival time and setting up? Hope to be there very early.Thanks.. looking forward to a great time! JandJFarms.. La Salle, IL

2. wren

wren Chillin' With My Peeps

May 27, 2007
    St Augustine, FL
    Please tell me what colors of marans and ameracaunas?

3. JandJFarms

JandJFarms New Egg

Aug 24, 2008
    First off, all our birds are cage free, as you will tell by the quality that you will see when we deliver our birds. Our marans are very dark with white speckles, very healthy and good-looking birds. Our Ameracaunas are multi-colored with black, blue, white, red. These are also very good-looking birds. I haven't done a count on the number of pullets or cockerels that we have, but we will be taking all of them with us to the show. There will be about 40 birds altogether. We have a maran cockerel that is definitely a show quality bird that will be making the trip.

4. boilerjoe_96

boilerjoe_96 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2007
    West Lafayette, IN
    I have been a buyer...have gotten there at 6 and am by nomeans the first one there. Mothergoose always is a seller I recall her saying to be there at 4am ish.... I could be wrong. You might search for 'mothergoose' and PM her. She will be able to better help....

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by