1st Timer!

Oneshot4x4

In the Brooder
Jun 18, 2017
Puyallup, WA
New to The forum and new to chickens. Just built a 4x10 chicken tractor and my family is very excited. I picked up a Buff Orpington, and a Speckled Sussex today and we're getting a Barred Rock this weekend. All are about 6 weeks old. I've been doing a lot of reading through the forum for coop design, bedding, feeding and everything else I could think of so thanks for the information overload :). Anyhow, here is a picture of my new tractor (Most of the materials was leftover from my backyard remodel).

Attachments

• IMG_4182.JPG
    IMG_4182.JPG
    779.8 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_4185.JPG
    IMG_4185.JPG
    675 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_4192.JPG
    IMG_4192.JPG
    527.8 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_4194.PNG
    IMG_4194.PNG
    2.3 MB · Views: 11
Thats a wonderful coop you've made there! i love the roosts ~! are they in their coop/run all day? Or do you let them out at all?
Well, I picked them up 3 hrs ago and place them in the run. They have yet to figure out how to climb the ramp. I also have a Chicken Gaurd automatic door to open and close at dusk and dawn. After they figure things out I hope to let them free range in the backyard.

Well, I picked them up 3 hrs ago and place them in the run. They have yet to figure out how to climb the ramp. I also have a Chicken Gaurd automatic door to open and close at dusk and dawn. After they figure things out I hope to let them free range in the backyard.
You may have to place then up on the roost tonight...to show them where they belong/are suppose to sleep.

Back
Top Bottom