1st trip to feed store....

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by blueberrychickens, May 27, 2010.

1. blueberrychickens

blueberrychickens Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2010
    Hudson, MA
    So I took my first trip to the feed store yesterday on my way into work. Immediately upon entering the store, I was greeted by peeping! The chicks!!! OMG ~ they were all beyond cute & it took alot of restraint not to buy some right then & there!!! ( I was on my way to work & don't think the boss would be to keen on chicks in my pockets!) My chicks are comming in less than 3 weeks, we are hoping to build the coop this weekend while the weather is nice & the weekend is long. I have even been dreaming about chicks in my sleep, is this normal????[​IMG]
    Gotta get working on the brooder box today, will try to figure out the whole posting pictures thing, as I am the most technologically challenged person in my house!![​IMG]
    Any ways, I got the feed trough, a waterer, grit & starter feed, oh & a brick of shavings!! My car smells really good now! [​IMG]

2. CoffeeCow

CoffeeCow Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2010
    Washington, NC
    Yes!! dreaming about chicks is normal!
    I just got mine yesterday, and I could hardly sleep I was thinking about them so much.
    I have my coop at about 90% finished, they take more time than you think to build. I would make sure your brooder is done first, then focus on the coop.
    also, you mentioned grit, you won't need it until you start feeding them treats, but its good to have when you need it.

they are so much fun to watch, you are going to love them [​IMG]

3. bakerjw

bakerjw Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2010
    Johnson City, Tn
    For all that is sacred don't remind me that feed stores still have chicks!!! My DW would skin me alive if I ended up with more of them.

4. chicknerd

chicknerd Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2010
    NH
    What amazes me is that you have everything but the chicks. On my first trip to the TSC I got the chicks first. Then the waterer, feeder, feed, etc. Impulse buying??? Never![​IMG]

Deb

5. usschicago1

usschicago1 Suburban Cochins

Aug 11, 2009
    Taunton, MA
    Quote:[​IMG] Thats natural!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by