1st try at incubating eggs - 3 days in pics of quail eggs

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Slater1995, May 20, 2010.

1. Slater1995

Slater1995 Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG][​IMG]

My husband and I sat 90+ eggs in our incubator on Sunday evening. I candled some of them this morning and I was excited to see something inside. I am attaching some pics. I took them on my cell phone and it is really hard to take a picture when you are holding an egg in one hand in the dark.

If you have some experience, can you tell me if this is life I am seeing.

Also, I have some Cochin eggs also in there, but I did not see anything on them yet. Is it because it takes them longer than Quail?

Well, as soon as I figure out how to attach the pics. Help. - GOT IT . [​IMG]

Thanks,
    Teresa

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 20, 2010
  2. BeccaOH

BeccaOH Morning Gem Farm

Oct 3, 2008
    east central Ohio
    I'm having trouble seeing into the eggs. The one most lighted looks like it may have growth started. 3 days in is quite early to check chicken eggs, and I'm just now on my first try of quail eggs. For chickens, I'd wait 7-10 days before looking for development.

3. adorable

adorable Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 7, 2007
    near ottawa ontario
    good luck hatching. Looks fertile

4. Slater1995

Slater1995 Chillin' With My Peeps

I know the pics aren't the best. I can try to describe. I think I see the yolk, it is a little darker and in the center there is a small dot kinda reminds me of a comma (,) and then just some spider like line around them. I can see the air sac at the top of the egg, but I am not sure how big it is supposed to be. It covers most of the top of all the eggs.

Thanks,
    Teresa

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by