1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

1st try to post pictures of my hens

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by bigoakhunter, Dec 6, 2009.

1. bigoakhunter

bigoakhunter Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2009
    Michigan
    Just spent time opening a photobucket account moving pictures, reszing to less than 800. I hope to get this as I want to enter next coop contest and have many pictures of my girls that I would share. I am posting the IMG...but not sure if this will give me the actual picture in the post.

[​IMG]

I copied the IMg from photobucket and pasted it here and this is what I get???? ANy help, would be appreciated. I am so close , but not a computer guy, so if there is a fairly easy wayt to actually get the photo into a post or onto my BYC page, help!

Thanks in advance!

Dave

2. Luvducks

Luvducks Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2009
    Colorado
    Looks good to me. That is how I do it also. Now post more!!!

3. bigoakhunter

Jul 29, 2009
    Michigan
    Thanks LuvDucks,

It apparantly did work for this post. But on the BYC Page , I did the same thing and there it did not show up, just a long IMG thing.

SO I have it half right or do you have to copy it differntly to post on the BYC page?

At least I got one picture of my girls on the sight!!!

4. PineappleMama

PineappleMama Chillin' With My Peeps

Oh I love the chickie in the backish middle, light in front and black/brown in back... SOOO pretty.

5. bigoakhunter

Jul 29, 2009
    Michigan
    PineappleMamma,

The hen you love is a Ameraucana from Ideal Hatchery. Each of these is a different color scheme of blacks browns etc. They do lay the green and blue eggs that you talk about wanting on your page.

She is a pretty pullet. ALso on your page you were asking about when to move them from brooder to coop. I went alittle early, 2 1/2 weeks. But they did fine. At least by 5 weeks I would think you could move them to their coop.

6. Justino

Justino ♪♫ Rockin' Rooster ♪♫

Dec 21, 2007
    KY
    Very Pretty [​IMG]

And the Easter Egger in the middle.....the one with the gray head/brownish body...what color is that? cause one of mine has that same color [​IMG]

7. Serrin

Serrin Chillin' With My Peeps

Hey Dave! That's a nice looking little flock you've got going there. Love all of the colors! [​IMG] Especially that little gal who has caught everyone's eye...the one with the dark tail. Love your little BR's too! But then, Speckledhen and I both have a big soft spot for BR's! [​IMG] Oh heck! Who am I kidding? I have a soft spot for just about all breeds!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by