1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login, otherwise join BYC here!

1yr old BO hen needs new home. NorCal

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Mulemom, Feb 20, 2009.

1. Mulemom

Mulemom Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2007
    Sacramento, CA
    Buttercup is the only survivor of her brood from last spring. I put her in with the other hens when she was about the same size, but she never really became one of them. She will not leave the coop to go into the run because she is afraid of the other hens. She will go out the big door in the evening when I let them freerange, but I have to leave the big door open or she will not go back into the coop at bed time, because the others pick on her when she tries to come in the little chicken door. She is not having a good life and I was hoping to find someone who might be interested in taking her. Maybe she would fit in better with smaller or younger chickens? What do you think? Any advice would be apprecated.

2. NancyDz

NancyDz Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2008
    Dutch Flat, CA
    Where are you? I'm in Auburn, I might be interested .

Nancy

3. Mulemom

Mulemom Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2007
    Sacramento, CA
    I'm in Oregon House. I know, no one has ever heard of Oregon House. I'm between Grass Valley and Marysville, but I also go to Sacramento a lot.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by