2 1/2 week old turken - roo? You betcha!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by gritsar, Jun 27, 2010.

1. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    One of my two and a half week old turken chicks (sexed as pullets) does not look like the others. Gee, I wonder what it is about "Rose" that's different?? [​IMG]

Could it be the comb?

[​IMG]

My mind is just twisted enough that Rose will remain Rose the Roo for life. [​IMG]

2. Chicken1"

Chicken1" Out Of The Brooder

May 3, 2010
    hahah i love its head x x x

3. gritsar

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Chicken1" :

hahah i love its head x x x

Yes, the turken chicks have the most adorable heads. Look like old men wearing bad toupees. [​IMG]

4. DDRanch

DDRanch Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 15, 2008
    California
    awwwwwwwww...................too cute. [​IMG] Hello little roo!!!

5. gritsar

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Quote:Thanks. I think he's adorable. Wish I could get a better pic of him but typical roo, he won't let me anywhere near him.

6. Finn's Mom

Finn's Mom Chillin' With My Peeps

Or Rosey, as in Rosey (Roosevelt) Greir (sp?) The football player? Sorry, it's 100 outside so you guys are stuck with me until the weather turns good again. [​IMG]

7. gritsar

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Finn's Mom :

Or Rosey, as in Rosey (Roosevelt) Greir (sp?) The football player? Sorry, it's 100 outside so you guys are stuck with me until the weather turns good again. [​IMG]

That's alright, I'm another one that's not going outside anymore than necessary until the temp. drops at least 20 degrees. [​IMG]
    Gee, he doesn't look like Rosey Greir (yes, I remember him), but it maybe it'll make him feel more manly if I use it. [​IMG]

8. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Well, you know what the issue is, right? The name "Rose". Just had a Rose turn into a Roosevelt here, too.

9. gritsar

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Quote:I'm just thankful that my other turken chicks - Mandi, Violet and of course, Ivy - are not displaying even a hint of roo-ness. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by