2-1940's Handsewn Quilt Tops

Quote:
Well I know Mrs. Black was an avid sewer, I also have an entire box of different materiel that has the matching buttons and thread. Most are in 3 yard sections and still in the bag from when she bought them! Everything was ready to be sent to the landfill
sad.png

I'm so glad that you saved all that cool stuff from being thrown away! I know that someone will really enjoy it.

Alas, too rich for my blood... But my loss is someone else's gain. I have oodles of old quilts anyway. And new quilts. And half finished quilts. I should thank the folks who outbid me.
smile.png

It is sad that he is throwing away so many neat things but I have saved quite a bit. Everything from jewelry to old 40's and 50's toys.
Oh and a ton of really old canning jars and pots and vintage Avon decanters that have never been opened and a high chair from the 50's. The list goes on, I am just glad he has given me the opportunity to save these things.

Last edited:
Ya know, I wonder if some of that fabric is actually feed sack fabric. I think it very well could be. Hhhhmmm, you may want to look at that box of fabric you have ... it could be valuable. Feed sacks go quite high on ebay! Well, whatever it is, they are lovely antique quilts!

Last edited:
ep.gif
I have one like #1 - almost exacly the same, from my husbands grandmother - its on my daughters bed right now!
thumbsup.gif

Quote:
Thanks!
The fabric I have in the box is from a fabric store or somewhere that sold fabric, not feed bags
sad.png
It's mostly polyester

Well we are past the half way point!!
Thanks for everyones intrest so far
smile.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom