2 !/2 month old rooster crowing!!!!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by incubatingisfun, Jun 25, 2010.

1. incubatingisfun

incubatingisfun Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 15, 2009
    Alaska
    this is the youngest chicken i have ever seen crow its pathetic but its clearly a crow i cant believe it

2. incubatingisfun

Dec 15, 2009
    Alaska
    [​IMG]

3. woodguy

woodguy Out Of The Brooder

May 2, 2010
    Bushwood
    I have a black sex link that has been crowing for weeks now. He was hatched around Easter. There are 7 other roosters around and all the same age but he is the only one crowing thus far. He is the boss!

4. incubatingisfun

Dec 15, 2009
    Alaska
    i thought one of my chicks was hurt so i went and checked and the one little roo was on top of the bucket crowing it was a sad exscuse for a crow

5. wolftracks

wolftracks Spam Hunter

Nov 6, 2009
    Modesto
    I have 2 little guys that started this past weekend. I thought a cat was in the brooder. When I got in there they are both looking at me like they hadn't done anything. I heard them again later and went it and they would look at me, look of like they were innocent and then look back at me. I told them they were pathetic, but cute and gave them treats for the effort. They were hatched April 24th.

I was so surprised to hear them. Seemed way to soon. The good thing is I thought I had 4 little roos, but 2 are pullets! YAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

So 1 FBCM 1 Wheaten Marans, both roos. 1 Wheaten pullet 3FBCM pullets and I'm almost positive my Blue Ameraucana is a pullet. That means I don't have to rehome more roos!

Now if my girls become early layers I'll be delirious.

6. robk0220

robk0220 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2010
    Wapwallopen, PA.
    We've got 21 almost 12 week old roos... need I say more?

7. wolftracks

wolftracks Spam Hunter

Nov 6, 2009
    Modesto
    Quote:Oh I feel for ya! LOL

8. robk0220

robk0220 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2010
    Wapwallopen, PA.
    Well, at least in another 6 weeks, we will only have 6...

Then there is the 20 hens.... And the wife wants to get some welsummers too...

And of course, I spent my Friday installing a 32" x 53" window in the coop... The coop has better windows than the house, I swear.

On the bright side, while installing the window, I had one of the 4 year olds convinced that we were gonna move him into the coop and the chickens were gonna get his room... He spent the rest of the day yelling at the chickens to get out it was his room now...

9. incubatingisfun

Dec 15, 2009
    Alaska
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. dogfool

dogfool Out Of The Brooder

Mar 14, 2010
    Wilson, Wisconsin
    LOL:yuckyuck

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by