2,400 chickens euthanized in my small town

The report was very vague regarding neglect. Were they not being fed? Not provided water? If it's a case of close quarters, then commercial chicken farms do THAT on a daily basis.
But yes, I hate to see that many animals automatically put down, but often times that's easier and a LOT cheaper than efforts to rehabilitate and place them...
sad.png

Quote:
X2

This is why I pay little attention to the news any more; they don't tell you the crux of the story, or if they do, half the time it's, shall we say, not accurate.

I just googled brooklyn ct chickens to try to get a different link, thinking maybe a different newspaper had better info...

I got a bunch of links for the KFC.. Kentucky Fried Chicken! lol

So then I looked directly at some news stations sites and other papers sites... nada. I bet there will be more later today.

Have to wonder how they can seize and destroy a person's property before he was even charged with a crime or arrested.

Lin was arrested in Massachusetts in 2007 on similar charges. The Connecticut Department of Agriculture arrested him on Sept. 10, 2010 and again on Dec. 15. As a result of those arrests, he faces six counts of cruelty to animals and charges that he violated state poultry disposal and disease regulations, according to court records. He is due in Danielson Superior Court Jan. 20 to answer those charges.

Commissioner Steven Reviczky, who took over the agency Wednesday, said he was pleased with how authorities handled the months-long investigation.

I'd want further information before coming to a firm conclusion, but this is pretty suggestive in itself.

Is that the building he was keeping the birds in? What is it, an old apartment building? The layer houses here sure dont look like that. People like this are the reason the poultry industry gets attacked so easily. No one sees the farmers that have amazing laying houses, just these idiots.
he.gif

I love the disclaimer" this was not a backyard flock". Guess only backyard chicken people are the only ones that neglect their birds.

Back
Top Bottom