2 adorable Ancona Ducks need a new home

Discussion in 'Animals In Need of Free Re-Homing' started by deezqtpies, Nov 4, 2013.

1. deezqtpies

deezqtpies New Egg

Sep 12, 2013
    We have 2 adorable Ancona ducks who need a new home. They are so sweet, have grown up around dogs and kids. We love having them as part of our family but they need a better home. Although they are allowed in our community and most neighbors adore them, we have 1-2 who are making noise about it . They are 1 1/2 years old, both female and great layers. One lays beige eggs, the other green. Cowgirl is the chocolate color and Toni is white with a little plume on her head!! :) both have he traditional spots on their feet and beaks. they are inseparable and need to stay together. We have pictures if you are interested. Thank you, Dee

2. jaimoe03

jaimoe03 New Egg

Nov 4, 2013
    Where are you located? I am in Nc but we have a pair of Ancona now. If they still need a home.

3. deezqtpies

deezqtpies New Egg

Sep 12, 2013
    Hi. We are not far. We live in Dallas, Georgia but we have family in NC.

4. deezqtpies

deezqtpies New Egg

Sep 12, 2013
    Where in NC are you located? Are you current Ancona's family pets? Do you bring them in at night? :) we are so sad that they are going to have to leave, but we all know it's the best for them. If you are interested, we can drive them up to you. It's will be good for the kids to see where they will be. If that works for you.

5. jaimoe03

jaimoe03 New Egg

Nov 4, 2013
    We are in Wilmington. They are pets they have run of the back yard with three other ducks and several chickens. They have a house and run for night.

6. jaimoe03

jaimoe03 New Egg

Nov 4, 2013
    [​IMG]

7. deezqtpies

deezqtpies New Egg

Sep 12, 2013
    LOVE IT!! It looks like yours are as spoiled as ours. I think they will really fit in with your crew. I will PM you and we can work out the details. My daughter has her last football game/band show this upcoming weekend (our HS team didnt make playoffs :-( , so we can bring them up next weekend if that works for you. I am going to try to attach a picture. :)

8. peachncrm37

peachncrm37 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 7, 2013
    Central Florida
    Are they still available?

9. PrayingMantis

PrayingMantis Out Of The Brooder

Apr 2, 2013
    We are in VA, are they still available? We have 7 lady ducks, 4 are laying. 2 khaki, 2 welsh harlequin, 1 pure runner, 2 Swedish mix (they were suppose to be runners) 1 male Swedish mix, currently debating on rehoming him because he was suppose to be sex link at hatch and a female but he didn't get the memo! All are social with our two young kids and our dog.

10. jaimoe03

jaimoe03 New Egg

Nov 4, 2013
    The ducks relocated to Nc and are currently being spoiled. :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by