2 Ameraucana Roosters need a home in Lancaster, PA

Discussion in 'Animals In Need of Free Re-Homing' started by joyfulshepherde, Dec 28, 2013.

1. joyfulshepherde

joyfulshepherde Out Of The Brooder

Dec 28, 2013
    Lititz, PA
    We have 2 Lavendar Americaucana roosters who are 6 months old. They were hatched from eggs we ordered Garry Farm (found through this website). We ended up with 3 roosters and we would like to find a loving home for 2 of them if possible (we have friends that will take them to eat them, but we thought we'd try to find a home first).

Really pretty and healthy. No sign of any problems.

We live just north of Lancaster PA. We thought we'd try here before Craigslist since we're less likely to have someone take them and abuse them.

Please let us know.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2013
  2. jb2miller

jb2miller Out Of The Brooder

Dec 28, 2013
    ny pictures, are you willing to ship them. Michigan

3. joyfulshepherde

Dec 28, 2013
    Lititz, PA
    I don't think we'll ship them, since that would probably be a bit traumatic for them. Thanks for the interest! You're right, I should post a photo.

4. dheltzel

dheltzel Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Nov 30, 2013
    Pottstown, PA
    I'm interested in your extra roosters. I live near Pottstown, so not too far from you. I have some young black ameraucanas, and introducing lavender genes sounds fun.
    I'm not sure where I'd put them at the moment, how big a hurry are you in to rehome them?

5. stake

stake Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2013
    Malvern, pa
    Joy:

Two suggestions, post a pic of chooks....secondly, post over on the PA site,,,,bunch or good folk over there

6. joyfulshepherde

Dec 28, 2013
    Lititz, PA
    We're in Lititz, so it looks like Pottstown is only about1 hour away.

We need to rehome them fairly soon, as they are starting to fight for dominance. So we really need to separate them. I have a small, separate enclosed run I could put them in temporarily, but just a rabbit hutch in there that we used last spring for our broody hen & chicks, not very warm. I'm trying to weigh whether it would be better to separate them, or keep them together with this cold weather coming up so that they're with our other birds for heat. We only have 9 altogether (6 hens, 3 roos). Anyone have any suggestions?

If you do take the roos, or even 1 of them, any chance you would like to give us a few fertile eggs this summer so we could try again to hatch some hens? Either way, we would still love for you to have the roos if we can work it out.

I will repost this in PA also, in case you decide you're not interested.

Here is the best pic of one I could get last evening before I lost the light:

[​IMG]

7. Karenchickens

Karenchickens New Egg

Apr 9, 2014
    wondering if you still have the roosters? I would be interested in 1...Im in Oley, pa...our pen will be ready May 1st...let me know...thankskaren

8. joyfulshepherde

Dec 28, 2013
    Lititz, PA
    Sorry, they have been found new homes. :) Thanks for checking!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by