2 Americaunas and a free rare chick...which is which?

imloulou

In the Brooder
12 Years
Jun 8, 2007
NW Florida Gulf Coast
This is my first post but I am not new here. This has been the best site for learning about chickens and I have been here many times over the past month or two!! Thanks!!

We bought 25 chickens from Murray McMurray and got the free chick. We have ID'd all of our chicks but 3. We know we ordered 2 Americaunas and we have the free rare chick but we cant tell which is which??
I looked through all 8 pages of the "What Breed is this" board....I am so confused! The thing that is making it hard is that they all have gray legs. (maybe that will make it easier for you who know chickens!)

I made a public album on Flickr that has what these chickens looked like at 3 days old. Here is the link:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/commonfamily/sets/72157600328894564/

These are all pics of the chicks at 2 and a half weeks old.

Cocoa:
536388115_4dd7c6172f.jpg

Tess:
536271184_a7ec3e1dcb.jpg

Moe
536387845_5a8b8320ac.jpg

Thank you so much!!
Lisa

LOL...I just saw Alleyoops post directly below this one. That chick looks just like my one above (Tess)! I am going to go thru that post and see what I can find.

Last edited:
I think that the top one is a Plymouth Partridge rock. I have some that look exactly like that. the last 2, i would guess are the -Amerucanas. That is my best guess.
Kristyne

Tess is a silver spangled hamburg, looks exactly like ours and she was our free rare chick.

Here she is as a baby

babies06.jpg

Here she is a little older but she is much bigger now.

growing08.jpg

Last edited:
Hi herechickchick. I am happy that yours turned out to be a pullet. I wish mine was!!

I agree that the middle one is a Silver-Spangled Hamburg. We got one as our mystery chick as well, and it turned out to be a rooster. He hasn't crowed yet.... but when he does he will have to go to a new home.

Last edited:
Quote:
YES HERECHICKCHICK!!!!!

That is Tess EXACTLY! Thank you!

Also to everyone else...thanks for the confirmation that Moe and Cocoa are Americaunas.

Moe is so big...the biggest of our group...my husband and I have been laughing...we thought our suprise chick was an OSTRICH!!
lol.png
lol.png

Lisa

I need to take an updated photo of her she is stunning, definitely one of the prettiest girls in the coop. She looks more black now until she spreads her wings, a true thing of beauty, and one of the sweetest chicks we have.

-Adam

Last edited:
herechickchick

I agree withyou on the Silver Spangled Hamburg. I have one that is about 5 months old. My son named her Spot
lau.gif
we just love her. I would like a yard full of them. Only thing is I was told she was to be a standard size. I have Robins in my yard bigger than her. Will she ever grow, and if not oh well.

imloulou: I think you will love it. I hope it is a pullet.

Back
Top Bottom