2 "Americaunas" that don't look like others I've seen

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Citychick11, Oct 24, 2014.

1. Citychick11

Citychick11 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2014
    Here is a picture of my 2 "Americaunas" I was hoping for green/blue eggs. The lighter one lays tiny pink/white eggs. The other is 6 months old and still doesn't lay or crow. By the coloring, I thought "roo" but it acts like a hen. No sparring with the other roo I have....

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I can't locate a full-body shot tonight. I'll take one tomorrrow.

Are these really Americaunas?

2. jencoons

jencoons Out Of The Brooder

Aug 30, 2014
    Those look just like the three babies I got in August, also labeled Americaunas, but more likely Easter Eggers. Mine aren't old enough for laying yet, but I ended up with two brownish/tan hens and what appears to be a whitish roo?? "He" has the same coloring as yours. ..I am still hopeful he's a she but we changed her name from Gracie to Dexter :-D they are supposed to lay eggs that are shades of green, so I will be a bit bummed if they lay brown, I wanted a mix of colors to add to the brown layers I already have!

3. ramirezframing

ramirezframing Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2011
    Knee Deep
    Both pullets are easter eggers. Since easter eggers are a mix, they can lay any color of egg.

4. BantamLover21

BantamLover21 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    They are both pullets, but they are Easter Eggers, not Ameraucanas. Easter Eggers are basically mixed breed chickens that lay colored eggs. Most lay blueish green eggs, but occasionally, they lay pink or even plain brown.

5. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    Easter egger pullets.

6. Mountain Peeps

Mountain Peeps Change is inevitable, like the seasons Premium Member

Apr 23, 2014
    At our lodge
    My Coop
    X2

7. Wyandottes7