2 and a half month old chicks being aggressive

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by TheTwoRoos, Aug 27, 2016.

1. TheTwoRoos

TheTwoRoos Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 25, 2015
    These chicks are almost 3 month olds.I do think all 3 of them are roosters.

Pretty for sure there is one full bled Nh,a New Hampshire X Silver laced Wyandotte,and a New Hampshire X barred rock.The full bled NH is by far the aggressive one,He will not let them eat in his pile,he pecks them and chases them.The Barred chick use to fight the hens but he has defiantly stopped after realizing he is not that strong yet.All three continue to make threat sounds toward the hens,and are literally asking for a whooping.I noticed they will even grab the hens sometimes.Silver laced chick isn't nearly as aggressive as the other two,i'm guessing because he is the lowest between the three,but he will try to make himself look scary.

Why are they liek this and how can I help it?

2. oldhenlikesdogs

oldhenlikesdogs Lots of Chickens Premium Member

Jul 16, 2015
    central Wisconsin
    If they are roosters than they are probably being typical juvenile roosters and they need to be removed, either to their own pen or permanently.

3. chickens really

chickens really Overrun With Chickens

Almost time to pen them in a different pen or get rid of them....Cockerels can be and are brats....Tough guys....Either ignore it or separate..

4. TheTwoRoos

TheTwoRoos Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 25, 2015
    Yeah this morning the orange one really wasnt letting the other two eat,even when I let them out he was chasing them

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by