2 bantam cochin hens for sale (western nc)

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by asher, Jan 4, 2009.

1. asher

asher Chicken Enabler Extraordinaire

Jan 26, 2007
    Mountains of NC
    Two black bantam cochin hens. Parting with them simply because they are not the quality that I want to have in my breeding flock. These are hatchery quality, at best. Sparse foot feathering, one has a standing up rump, the other just has a very small rounded rump. They are good layers (well, not currently, but were before the season ended!) and good broodies for me when they go broody. I believe these to be pure cochin, but bought them from someone else so no gurantees. They do appear to be pure, just bad quality. Just fine quality if you want broodies or just friendly chickens, though! Pictures are available upon request if you're truly interested.

These were NPIP tested clean in Aug. or Sep. (cannot remember which) here at my home. I am not noticing any sniffles, signs of illness, etc. in my flock. I only worm 2x a year and it was not recent. I ALWAYS recommend buyers worm and dust when taking them home. That is up to you, just my recommendation.

Located in Western NC, half way between Asheville and Hickory. Asking $5 each. You'll need to bring your own box or crate to take them in as we no longer have any spares.

NO SHIPPING. Sorry, not worth the shipping hassle.

2. EllyMae

EllyMae Chillin' With My Peeps

How old are the hens?

3. asher

Jan 26, 2007
    Mountains of NC
    If I remember correctly from what the guy said, they'll be a year this March. So technically still pullets, I guess.

HOWEVER, that is what he said when I bought them back from him and I do not know how to check age on birds so I cannot gurantee the specifics on that.

4. EllyMae

EllyMae Chillin' With My Peeps

That would make them the same age as my BR. My DD has been wanting to add this breed to our flock. Would you have any extra roos you would want to get rid of as well?

5. asher

Jan 26, 2007
    Mountains of NC
    I don't. I'm sorry. [​IMG] We're at our bare minimum right now. I actually don't "need" to get rid of these girls, but like I said, just not the quality that I want to breed.

6. coachhaze60

coachhaze60 Out Of The Brooder

Sep 12, 2008
    Morganton,NC
    I live in Morganton, how close are you to here. I would be interested in the 2 little ladies if they are still available. PLease let me know.

coachhaze60 in Morganton

7. asher

Jan 26, 2007
    Mountains of NC
    about 15-20 minutes. I have another person inquiring via PM as well as Elly Mae.

8. coachhaze60

Sep 12, 2008
    Morganton,NC
    I understand, if the other person doesn't come through please let me know.

coachhaze60 in NC

9. coachhaze60

Sep 12, 2008
    Morganton,NC
    Did the other person buy your chickens you had for sale?

coachhaze60

10. PaulScott

PaulScott Out Of The Brooder

Mar 22, 2009
    NC
    Quote:ill buy then for sitters

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by