2 Bearded Buff Silkie breeding flocks SOLD

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by hinkjc, Aug 16, 2008.

1. hinkjc

hinkjc Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    I have 2 roos and about a dozen pullets/hens. I have age tracking for all of them (Ages on hens range from hatch dates of 6/7/07 through 2/14/2008). Most of them are in good/excellent condition and excellent quality. Come and look and pick your birds. I do not have time to capture pics of each one at this time. Each has been hand selected for various reasons to use for breeding. All have proper toes, heavy foot feathering, etc.

Zilla is on my web site - he is the older roo and proven breeder. Sunny is my younger roo and in my photbucket (has some dark wing/tail feathers, but very typey and vaulted). Matched up to the right girls, these boys produce great offspring. There are some hen pics on my site and in my photobucket too, if you want to look them over.

I also have youngsters - 3 started birds (hatched 5/26 - looks like a trio) in a grow out pen and.... SOLD

13 babies still in the brooder (6 hatched on 7/26/08 and 7 hatched on 8/4/08). 13 babies are SOLD

More due to hatch today. Day old chicks are also SOLD

Thanks for looking!
    Jody

Last edited: Aug 22, 2008
  2. hinkjc

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    1 flock sold..

Zilla and 7 hens left.

Jody

3. Tsagirl

Tsagirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 9, 2007
    Eugene,OR
    Jody I would grab them in a instant! Why are you selling them they are great birds?
    Hope you all are doing well,
    tsa

4. hinkjc

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    Theresa, it was a tough decision, but I need the space for my large fowl projects. [​IMG] I will miss them all dearly. This has be one of the hardest decisions I have ever made in breeding poultry. I put a lot of work into these guys and hope someone will continue with them. [​IMG]

Jody

5. KellyGwen

KellyGwen Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2008
    Lake Luzerne, NY
    OMG, I would take them in a minute if I had the money! I love that buff color and I don't have one of them yet! I have 2 blacks, 1 white and 1 blue splash... I think they're all hens!

Zilla is a cutie [​IMG]

6. priszilla

priszilla Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2008
    easley sc
    me too if shipping was an option- money was not a problem and I had more space- whoever gets them--please remember the rest of us.I kind of thought my kids should have some new shoes for school and money in their lunch accounts, stuff like that.Silly mom that I am [​IMG]

7. Shaffer

Shaffer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 2, 2008
    Tamaqua, NE Pa
    Jody,
    Hope my little male didn't overload you with birds. I really hate to see you sell all your favorites. Good luck with what ever you are doing. Harry

8. DutchChic

DutchChic Chick Charmer

Jun 4, 2008
    NE Oklahoma
    [​IMG] Oh wow...your silkies are so nice! I hope I'm still getting the eggs I ordered! You can put a couple extra in there and I'll be sure to continue the line.[​IMG]

9. hinkjc

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    Harry, this has been on my mind for quite some time. I have been debating if I really want to continue work with bantams and struggling with that decision for over a year now. Since I am now up to 4-5 new projects over the next year (due to no fault of yours) that made the decision for me. The silkie pens will make nice grow out space for youngsters. We were pursuing araucana with or without our new addition. Your boy is just going to help us build upon our original plan, so please don't feel bad. He is great and will be a wonderful asset to the project. Thank you for him!

My goal has always been to bring something to poultry that is missing or to expand upon something that is not available to most. The buff silkies are building in numbers and I can only hope sharing mine in larger quantities helped contribute to that and others will continue to share them with others.

All silkie egg orders will be filled. The birds have not left yet, but I wanted to get word out that they are going. I will not take any new orders, unless it takes a while to sell the remaining birds. If they don't sell privately, I will likely list them on eggbid. I was hoping some BYCers would give them great homes first, as it would give me a chance to hear updates on them. [​IMG]

I promise to update everyone on where we are heading for next spring. Lots of great happenings going on here, so while this is sad..many fulfilling days ahead. Thank you to everyone for your kind thoughts.

Jody

10. silkieluver_07

silkieluver_07 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    Jody, Is there a minimum number of hens I need to buy? I might be interested in two hens and possibly a rooster.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by