1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

2 beautiful baby geese have adopted me.

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by ctw745, Jul 28, 2011.

1. ctw745

ctw745 New Egg

Jul 28, 2011
    Help! 2 beautiful baby geese have moved into my backyard. They are very friendly and defenseless. Unfortunately, due to Mississippi River flooding the neighborhood has been under coyote attack and I am afraid these babies are their next meal. I have a large dog and can't really keep them, but would love to have someone take them and care for them. I'm pretty sure their mother was eaten by the coyotes. Any suggestions?

2. duckyfromoz

duckyfromoz Quackaholic

Jan 11, 2010
    Australia
    Can you call up a local wildlife rehab place. They may be able to send someone to come and pick them up- or ask you to drop them off depending on the laws where you live. If they are friendly- they may be domestic geese and someone nearby is looking for them- ask around the neighborhood and see if anyone knows of someone who keeps geese.

3. chkn

chkn Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 27, 2010
    I don't know, but don't leave them unprotected especially over night!

4. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    How are the goslings doing today? did you find someone to take care of them? and [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by