2 became one

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by columbiacritter, Jun 23, 2010.

1. columbiacritter

columbiacritter Songster

Jun 7, 2008
    Scappoose Oregon
    After weeks of pretty much ignoring each other and the new ducklets refusing to leave the run all of the sudden the old and new are one flock. I was so used to the 3 runners never even sticking their bills out the run gates I was stunned to see them walking across the front yard behind the khakis. Since then they have become one fairly harmonious flock. The silver splash runner is pushing for dominance over the boss Khaki so everyone once in a while they trade smacks.

One Khaki short, but otherwise everyone was playing in the fresh pool together.

[​IMG]

2. bock

bock Songster

Oct 10, 2008
    Northern CA
    Too cute! I have had three different flocks of ducks for a while now. [​IMG] I hope they will become 1 soon. [​IMG]

3. duckyfromoz

duckyfromoz Quackaholic

Jan 11, 2010
    Australia
    They are all gorgeous...What a lovely mix of colours.

4. columbiacritter

columbiacritter Songster

Jun 7, 2008
    Scappoose Oregon
    Quote:They do look nice together especially when they are out and about on the green lawn.

5. columbia I agree they are very pretty, and a mixture of colors is wonderful to see when they go strutting and waddling around the yard. I have 5 black and white magpies, 2 buff orphingtons, 2 black runners, and 1 blue tuxedo runner. I [​IMG] [​IMG] my bunch. so beautiful.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by