2 Black Australorp Roos-Almont, MI

Discussion in 'Animals In Need of Free Re-Homing' started by acbowers, Aug 30, 2013.

1. acbowers

acbowers Out Of The Brooder

May 14, 2013
    Almont, MI
    I have 2 Black Australorp roosters that I want to give away. I have 3 roos and can only keep one. They are about 21 weeks old and relatively friendly. If no one takes them, I will have to take them to the processor in a few weeks. I hate to do it, but they can't stay...

My aunt who used to judge and help show chickens in 4H says they are some of the prettiest roos she's seen and that a 4H-er would love them. If that helps anyone with a decision....lol!

I can't ship them but would be willing to meet someone halfway as long as it was relatively near Detroit, Flint, Port Huron or the Thumb Area.

2. mickey416

mickey416 Out Of The Brooder

Aug 16, 2013
    petoskey, Michigan
    we are very interested in your 2 australorp roosters. we would be coming from Petoskey Mi. we would have to wait until next weekend to come down as we have things that we have to do this weekend. Could you please tell me how far you would be willing to come to met us? we only need one but as we are coming so far, we might take both. Do they get along, or do they fight if together in the same coop? hope to hear from you soon.

3. acbowers

acbowers Out Of The Brooder

May 14, 2013
    Almont, MI
    I'm only willing to go as far as Flint. I know that's not very close to you guys though so I understand if you can't make it that far. I have all 3 roosters together now in the same 6'x8' hen house and 20'x30' outside enclosure and they get along. Right now they are very, um, sexually active and they don't fight when trying to get a hen (I have 16). If you are still interested in coming down for the two of them, let me know.

4. mickey416

Aug 16, 2013
    petoskey, Michigan
    yes we are interested, but we have a good friend coming up here. we are checking with them to see when they are coming and if their plans will work for you. talk to you soon. thanks

5. mickey416

Aug 16, 2013
    petoskey, Michigan
    sending private message with contact info. new at this. let me know if you don't receive.

6. mickey416

Aug 16, 2013
    petoskey, Michigan
    they arrived yesterday afternoon and are doing great! they are beautiful and announcing their arrival. thank you again. will continue to update you.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by