2 Black Jersey Giant Cockerel's/ Roos. 17 weeks old.Free to good home located in Santa Fe, Texas

Discussion in 'Animals In Need of Free Re-Homing' started by Kimbos Giants, Aug 10, 2014.

1. Kimbos Giants

Kimbos Giants Out Of The Brooder

May 25, 2014
    Texas
    Bought 4 pullets ended up with 2 Roo's., they are a very docile breed.they get really large and still have a lot of growing to do. I only have 2 hens and I can't keep the 2 roosters. The Roosters will be a great addition to your flock. They have been fed only soy and GMO free feed and free range 80 percent of the time. Both Roos will eat mealworms out of my hand, I have raised them since they were 1 day old. They are well taken care of.

I live in Santa Fe, Texas. Basically between Houston and Galveston. I really need a great home for them, I will split them up. The pictures show the hens and Roo's. I am only looking to rehouse the Roo's..

Please reply if interested.

Thank you,

Kim[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. CHICKLOVER69

CHICKLOVER69 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 13, 2014
    Sulphur, Louisiana
    Hate to hear that. You get so attached to them. My first chicks are almost four weeks old and hoping they are all pullets. Hatchery order. Got one BA that has big legs and a long neck that i'm watching. Comb looks like the other one though, so time will tell. If I had the room, I would love to take him, but my neighbors may kill me. I'm about 2.5 hours away from ya. Good luck. Could make gumbo, but i couldnt do it either. Not when they start out as pets.

3. Kimbos Giants

Kimbos Giants Out Of The Brooder

May 25, 2014
    Texas
    Thanks for your reply. I may have actually found another small backyard chicken owner for them to go to. They have jersey pullets and want both roosters!!! I hope it goes smoothly. I am sad, I raised them with the intent of keeping them, but at least they will live and not end up in the gumbo pot: lol:

I think if I would of raised them knowing they were going to be dinner instead of eggs, it may be different. I will miss the crowing! The dominant one is like a guard rooster, someone pulls down the drive, he lets you know!

They were the first chicks I raised so I spent a lot of time with them so I could handle them better later!!!

Kim

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by