2 Blue Andalusians - Sandhill - healthy, firiendly, free range in Northern California

Discussion in 'Animals In Need of Free Re-Homing' started by ChicksandWeeds, Feb 18, 2013.

1. ChicksandWeeds

ChicksandWeeds Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 15, 2012
    Northern California
    These birds would be the ones I'd breed with, but there isa rooster noise complaint (agricultural, but still) and if they can find a home elsewhere, that would be great. very friendly, come for treats, though I have not been picking them up except occasionally off the roost.If you are interested in the bred, these are great birds for breeding.

This link is to their album on facebook

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.384424851646573.94740.261323850623341&type=1

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. ChicksandWeeds

Nov 15, 2012
    Northern California
    the splash has found a home

3. bwahk

bwahk Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 25, 2013
    Dumb Cluck California
    Aw they're beautiful! I'm in SoCal... wish there was a way to get him. :/ I've been looking for an Andalusian roo.

4. ChicksandWeeds

Nov 15, 2012
    Northern California
    i wish too ....you got a friend driving down?

5. bwahk

bwahk Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 25, 2013
    Dumb Cluck California
    Sadly no, I don't know anyone up north. I wish I could think of a way to pic him up, he's a beauty.

I have one Andalusian hen, a bunch of RIRs an Orp and a few sex links... the rooster I have currently is too small for them and can't fertilize the eggs (poor Guy). I adore my Andalusian, she's the sweetest bird. My goal is to get a roo and a few more hens, but aside from special order they're hard to find.

6. tankerman

tankerman Out Of The Brooder

Jun 7, 2012
    Sonoma county
    My Coop
    How much noise does the roo make?

Does he let loose non-stop all day long?

7. ChicksandWeeds

Nov 15, 2012
    Northern California
    blacky - he crows a little in the morning, occasionally during the day and early evening. ...never heard him after he's gone to roost ...and he is an early on the roost...i wanted to take a pic of him crowing but had to wait a few days to catch it ...so no ...he does not crow all day ...the problem (not for me, neighbors) is that i had a LOT of roos from 2 straight runs.... i wanted to keep 8, he was one of them, the others were (and still are) in the process of being culled (the buff catalanas are only 5 months old) - but I won't be able to keep him.

his buddy, the splash, got adopted last week so in the last couple of days, when i let him roam ...he has started to visit the buff catalana ...but he still goes back to his own solo roost spot.

[​IMG]

8. tankerman

Jun 7, 2012
    Sonoma county
    My Coop
    We're in Sonoma County.

The bird near us?

9. ChicksandWeeds

Nov 15, 2012
    Northern California
    just looked it up -- much closer than texas ...but not exactly neighborhood - grass valley/nevada city area.
    not sure i got anyone doing business in your direction that soon .... how far is modesto milling from you?

10. tankerman

Jun 7, 2012
    Sonoma county
    My Coop
    A little to far away sorry.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by