2 BO that are suppose to be pullets but one acts rooish *pics*

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by WKYChick, Jul 6, 2011.

1. WKYChick

WKYChick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 10, 2011
    from the beginning our entire flock of 6 were suppose to be hens, but I started wondering about little Buff Orp, Cream, who always stayed smaller than her sister and is way more aggressive and stand offish than the others, she is always alone even roosting at night she is the farthest from the entire group

Peaches
    [​IMG]

Peaches and Cream, Peaches is so much larger than Cream
    [​IMG]

Top view of Cream
    [​IMG]

Top view of Peaches
    [​IMG]

Side view of Cream
    [​IMG]

Best facial for Cream, she kept running off or turning around
    [​IMG]

They are going on 9 wks old, is she just developing slower or is she a he? It just looks so funny cause she looks like she doesn't have a tail

Here is Cream sleeping on my knee, where is her tail feathers [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. khatar

khatar Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2011
    San Diego, CA
    Some hens just act like roos! [​IMG] [​IMG] When there is no roo, one hen will become dominant and may even try to crow! Remember, size does NOT matter. In my flock, the lowest in the pecking order is my buff orp and my largest hen. My smallest, a white leghorn, is highest in the order. Now who would've expected that!

Last edited: Jul 6, 2011
  3. ramirezframing

ramirezframing Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2011
    Knee Deep
    pullets

4. Cowgirl71

Cowgirl71 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2010
    Missouri Ozarks
    Both pullets! [​IMG]

5. WKYChick

WKYChick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 10, 2011
    thank you all for replying, she just looks so funny without her tail feathers [​IMG]

we have a mix of sussex, australorps, ee's and buff orps and poor Cream looks so tiny compared to the others, no wonder she is so cranky [​IMG]

we do have a 2nd flock that just free ranges, the 1st in command is large crabby hen and the 2nd in command is a banty full of attitude [​IMG]

I am in love with my buff orps, well with all of them really [​IMG]

6. laseterlass

laseterlass Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2011
    Anchorage Alaska
    I ordered 15 BO pullets and got 16. So I knew someone thought they were being helpful. Roo. Who is 7 weeks old stood out like a sore thumb at about 3 weeks of age. Taller, and his feathers did not come in as fast. As the girls were getting pretty smooth heads, his resembled a golden afro. He is now down to 5 girls and is the leader and look out when they are in the onion patch and likes to start every morning challenging the pullets when the jump up in his face. Thank Goodness he has a home that he can go to shortly.

7. maine chicks

maine chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 10, 2008
    maine
    Pullets-I have a BO named LaRoo because we were sure she was a he until she started laying eggs.

8. Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Moderator Staff Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    Quote:x2

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by