2 boys and 1 girl

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by knaup109, Jul 27, 2011.

1. knaup109

knaup109 Out Of The Brooder

Aug 3, 2010
    The mama hen just stop taken care of her 2 boys and 1 girl. All are about 5 weeks old. Because I live in the subdivision, I have to give the 2 boys away. I haven't done it yet. Will the girl get lonely by herself or she is ok with the other hen (approx. 1 year old). They were raised by mama with the flock.
    I am worry if I give the 2 boys away too early and she get lonely.
    thanks

2. Chad the Chicken Man

Chad the Chicken Man Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2009
    Belleville, WI
    chickens are suppose to be raised with a flock, i would say 3 or more. if you could i would try to raise them together for a couple more weeks uptill you can put the chick hen with the rest of your flock. if you live in town, no ones going to know you have two chick roosters if there only 5 weeks old.

3. teach1rusl

teach1rusl Love My Chickens

Well, IMO, the female chick would do okay with the hen (as long as the hen is treating her okay). The cockerels may be easier to give away if they're little and cute. Roos are hard to find homes for, so I wouldn't wait too long, because once they start crowing you'll be in a rush.

4. knaup109

knaup109 Out Of The Brooder

Aug 3, 2010
    She is currently with the flock now. They are not picking on her, only a peck here and there when feeding time. My only worry is she will get lonely.

5. Chad the Chicken Man

Chad the Chicken Man Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2009
    Belleville, WI
    I have had several rooster in the past and i find it pretty easy to put free roosters on criagslist, they are usually gone in a couple days.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by