2 chicks not eating - I got them today

Ok, I think we have success! The last one is pooping and looking close to normal now. They are both still not as perky and active as the others but their odd stances are gone! They have both eaten, pooped, and drank. The last one is looking pretty relaxed doing a face plant nap.

I had Sav-a-chick here, I'll keep dosing them up for a few days.

I hope these because the biggest sweetest EE's ever! The last chick I had to help out turned out to be a rooster 🙄

Attachments

• 20210220_180025.jpg
    20210220_180025.jpg
    194.9 KB · Views: 7
Ok, I think we have success! The last one is pooping and looking close to normal now. They are both still not as perky and active as the others but their odd stances are gone! They have both eaten, pooped, and drank. The last one is looking pretty relaxed doing a face plant nap.

I had Sav-a-chick here, I'll keep dosing them up for a few days.

I hope these because the biggest sweetest EE's ever! The last chick I had to help out turned out to be a rooster 🙄
Yay! They aren’t even my chicks but I was worried about them! First time mama here

Yay! They aren’t even my chicks but I was worried about them! First time mama here
It's amazing how stressful it is worrying over these little poof balls. This is my 4th batch of chicks and at least I've progressed past panicking over a few things, like finding them sprawled completely out sleeping but at the first time I saw it I thought they were all dead 😨 and when they started trying to dust bath in the shavings looking like they were having seizures or death throws.

I love the community here! Thank you for caring for my little ones, I hope your flock does super well. Thankfully there are some really knowledgeable and helpful people here. I hope I can help others some day, the same as so many have helped me. 💜

You can also mix the chick feed with a water so it's like oatmeal - I had a smaller chick who was struggling to eat and she DEVOURED the "chicken oatmeal." She's catching up in size now.

All the chicks loved it, and it seemed to help clear up pastey butt too. I'd recommend it, even though it does make the brooder a bit messier. I'd rather change bedding than wash chicken butts! I served all their food oatmeal style for the first week and a half or so until they started scratching at it too much. Now they only get oatmeal occasionally as a treat when I'm up for cleaning after.

It's amazing how stressful it is worrying over these little poof balls. This is my 4th batch of chicks and at least I've progressed past panicking over a few things, like finding them sprawled completely out sleeping but at the first time I saw it I thought they were all dead 😨 and when they started trying to dust bath in the shavings looking like they were having seizures or death throws.

I love the community here! Thank you for caring for my little ones, I hope your flock does super well. Thankfully there are some really knowledgeable and helpful people here. I hope I can help others some day, the same as so many have helped me. 💜
We’ve all been there! I love my girls so much! BYC is a life saver! (Literally)

Well, the worst of the two still needs your advice. I noticed she had a yellowy streak of poo on her yesterday, but then saw her take a normal poop a few minutes later so I thought mayne it was the broader light making things look funny. Now this morning she had yellowy poo on her butt again, I took her to better light to check it out, I cleaned it off and then she pooped a pale yellow splatter on my husband. It was completely water, no substance and no color variation and stinks. I

'm pretty sure all the chicks were vaccinated, the feed store is closed today so I can't check, but I know he doesn't sell medicated feed.

Any ideas on what would cause this?

Did they have shavings at the feed store? New chicks can get confused what is food and eat shavings. I got chicks last year, and they gave me one of those to-go boxes for the chicks and he was going to put more shavings in the bottom of the box, I told him to dump that crap, and I didn't want it in with my chicks.

Back
Top Bottom