2 Coops, 2 Roosters and Alot Of Ladies....

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Mourningdove, Jun 15, 2009.

1. Mourningdove

Mourningdove Songster

Dec 17, 2008
    Cleveland, Tn.
    Hi all [​IMG] I have been real busy getting my 2 adult pens all cleaned and ready for my 20 week olds that I got from the hatchery! some of the 20 week olds are starting to lay the real small eggs so I figured it was now time to get them all moved.
    Once it was bedtime I moved half in 1 adult pen with 1 rooster and the other half into the other pen with the other rooster, which will give each rooster a dozen hens apiece [​IMG]
    Now here's a question? When I moved the 1st batch to their new coop Blackie the rooster went nuts and started topping each and everyone of them right away [​IMG] he got off his roost to do this.
    Is this a good thing or is he gonna be a bad boy? Is this normal behavior? Is he over zealous?
    In the other pen the rooster there just stayed calm and watched me move them in and he never got off his roost [​IMG]
    Did I go about all this wrong?

2. chickens asome

chickens asome Songster

Apr 5, 2009
    kenora ontairo canada
    He is just a new souronding and hes going on nerves and he doest know it he knows those hens or not its normal and he will calm down

3. Mourningdove

Mourningdove Songster

Dec 17, 2008
    Cleveland, Tn.
    these hens were moved into the roosters existing coop...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: