2 CUTE! Can we say 2 BROODY!!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by erijn5, May 18, 2009.

1. erijn5

erijn5 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2008
    South Central IL
    So I have 6 broody hens, all have hatched eggs but one lonely hen. Fluffy, she was the last to go broody and was planning not to let her sit on eggs. She found a very comfy wooden egg that she sat on for a week when her luck turned for the better!

I have a banty that flys out of the pen on a daily basis, she went missing for 2 days, when I finally located her she was sitting on 14 eggs! 1 was busted so she had 13 perfect brown eggs. I moved them off the fence row, out from under a tree before she became the local fox bait and put her in a cage with a box all her own. She sat for 2 days before her loyal rooster located her a drove her nuts until she decided she rather be out of the cage than on the nest.

I let her out and took all 13 eggs to Fluffy in exchange for the lonley wooden egg. She was like OMG look at all these eggs,,,,she spun and spun until they were just right, fluffed out and there she sat happy as a lark.......until PEACHES found her!!! [​IMG]

Peaches had went broody earlier in the yr. but gave up mid way through her incubation, so I gave her eggs to someone else. So Sat. when the eggs started hatching she decided to help. The chicks would hatch under Fluffy and then after they would fluff Peaches would take them out of the box and out into the pen. Such a helper!! So anyway just thought I'd share the cute pic

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. EricShane

EricShane Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2009
    SouthWestern Ohio
    adorable!

3. BellLisamo

BellLisamo Diagnosed w/ Muscovitis

Feb 7, 2009
    Tombstone, AZ
    that so cute! i love it.

4. Maryallison

Maryallison Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2008
    Fountain, Florida
    SOOOOOO Cute! Last year I had 3 hens broody at the same time & they all sat in the same box together!

5. roche477

roche477 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2009
    Malvern, Arkansas
    What an awesome pic!

6. erijn5

May 8, 2008
    South Central IL
    Quote:You are never going to believe this I just went out to see if any of them had hatched, and I'll be darned if there wasn't a BANTY rooster in the SAME box with them!!!!!!!!! [​IMG] The last four eggs if they hatch may be cooked eggs, maybe fried, [​IMG] with all that heat! I removed him he was not happy boy...SORRY..LOL

7. erijn5

May 8, 2008
    South Central IL
    Right now out in the same building I also have a Toulouse Goose laying on 3 toulouse eggs and 2 peacock eggs. The goose eggs all have pips and 1 has a crack going down it. If I'm not careful when Peaches hears those babies quacking she will probably run over to that , get in , and take her babies too!

Hopefully Lilly will [​IMG] her! LOL! [​IMG]

8. erijn5

May 8, 2008
    South Central IL
    Well the Toulouse goose hatched her ducklings out today and Peaches has not shown any interest. This could be a good thing. [​IMG] She is still broody on nothing though the last four eggs must have been bad, 2 smelled terrible and the others I gave up hope. All my broody hens are out of luck.
    Maybe Next Yr Girls! [​IMG]

9. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

That's adorable! Look at the wing on Peaches! Now, how cute is that! [​IMG]

10. chikenlady

chikenlady Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2008
    Cantonment, FL
    That is the best picture! Chickens are such interesting animals! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by