2 day old chick

krystal121009

Hatching
Oct 8, 2016
Hello, new here.
We are hatching our first batch of chicks and sadly one passed this morning due to many internal issues. However one of our 2 day old chicks was placed in the brooder and was walking and doing fine until yesterday and today. Baby is scooting around to get around occasionally. Wants to sleep a lot. But eating and drinking fine if u take baby there and let him/her eat while holding it. Very talkitive and wants to be social but has difficulty moving around. Very shakey in legs and body when picked up to observe. I don't think its straddle legged and I don't see any obvious issues. What do you think is wrong,also the runt

Welcome to Backyard chickens. Hope your chick will be okay
hugs.gif

Hi and welcome to BYC - you have some great advice and links already so I'll just say hello and wish you the best of luck with your little chick!

All the best
CT

Welcome to BYC! It's great to have you. Lots of good things could be the issue; sadly there is not often a lot that can be done for a weakly chick. They are fragile and surivival is never 100%. Other than keeping it warm and offering electrolytes in the water, and being sure it is not pasted, there's just not a lot to do.

Back
Top Bottom