2 days late!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by KennyP, Jan 12, 2010.

1. KennyP

KennyP Out Of The Brooder

Jan 3, 2010
    Joshua,Texas
    Hey everyone!
    I believe were two days late on our hatch. Momma is still sitting on the eggs and no sign of pipping at all. I tried to keep track of the eggs being laid in there with her but couldn't quite do it perfectly. However, I do know she started sitting Dec 20. Then over the next few days a few more eggs were placed under her somehow. Does anyone know what I should expect? Or what's going on? I candled a few eggs around Dec 28 or so but not all of them. Were in a panic here! Does anyone know what I should expect from here on out? I appreciate any advice!

2. Countrywife

Countrywife Corrupted by a Redneck

Aug 20, 2009
    Carolina
    I would not panic, I would just wait and see. She might get up when she is ready, even without a hatch. I have had broodys that just get up when one or two hatch, and the rest didn't develop. Trust God and trust nature- she knows what she is doing.

3. geebs

geebs Lovin' the Lowriders!

Sep 28, 2008
    Chill!! It's all good... I have had hens that went wwwwaaaaayyyy over... No worries.. My bator breaks every rule in the book and beside humidity trouble hatching marans we always run between 2 and 5 days behind...i still have a decent hatch.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by