2 Diamond Dove Babies

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Broke Down Ranch, Jul 15, 2008.

1. Broke Down Ranch

Broke Down Ranch Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2007
    Texas
    These are unsexed and unrelated. One is a fledgling, the other is a happy teenager. I do not have pics of them but can try to get some with my cellphone (my reg camera is on the blink). I would like $20 each for them and will ship once it cools down a bit if you supply the box and pay shipping. Local pick-up is encouraged. [​IMG] Thanks for looking

2. ButtonQuailBoy

ButtonQuailBoy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 23, 2008
    Throop PA 18512
    [​IMG]

I want them! I want Them!! How much for shipping?

3. ticks

ticks Pheasant Obsessed

Apr 1, 2008
    The Sticks, Vermont
    Those are very pretty birds. If you ever have more in the future let me know.

4. Poison Ivy

Poison Ivy Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2007
    Naples, Florida
    If you have fertile eggs later on let me know I will buy a few from you. I have 3 females and 1 male would love to have a few more. I have a female that is sitting on 3 eggs now. I love these little birds they are so pretty. I just finished building them a big outdoor cage for them.

5. BirdBoy88

BirdBoy88 Angel Egg

Dec 26, 2007
    Maryland
    Ihope they find good homes [​IMG]

I'm still trying to get my Diamond Dove pair to breed.. and they just started showing signs of breeding [​IMG]

6. Broke Down Ranch

Broke Down Ranch Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2007
    Texas
    I am waiting to hear back from ButtonQuailBoy if his parents will let him get them [​IMG]

I had my diamond doves for 4 years without a single egg but was trying to make them housebirds. Mov ed them outside and within a month I already have 2 babies. Guess they didn't like being in the house :|

Last edited: Jul 15, 2008
  7. BirdBoy88

BirdBoy88 Angel Egg

Dec 26, 2007
    Maryland
    lol Yea they can be picky.. like mine i move them in a larger cage and they seem to hate each other and now that i move them in my small bird room with my other birds finches and what not.. now there showing signs of mating.. i saw both of them trying to mate this morning [​IMG] so now it's just a waiting game [​IMG]

Hopefully ButtonQuailBoy parents let him have them.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2008
  8. ButtonQuailBoy

Jun 23, 2008
    Throop PA 18512
    T_T my mother said no...I wish she'd just let me pay her to own the furnished basement but sorry not now...[​IMG]

9. ticks

ticks Pheasant Obsessed

Apr 1, 2008
    The Sticks, Vermont
    How do I talk my mother into this.....

10. ButtonQuailBoy

Jun 23, 2008
    Throop PA 18512
    tell her their like quails w/ half the mess and they make a very relaxing coo noise...I highly suggest askin her...they're GREAT pets!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by